Why is my Watch not fully charging?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been having an issue where my Apple Watch S3 doesn’t fully charge. It goes up to 97% and then drops as low as 94% before going back to 95% and stopping. I can get it to 100% by rebooting it but it reoccurs several days later. Also, I have run the battery down to 0% seeing if that helps and it doesn’t.

Anyone else?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Watch doesn’t fully charge?

I’ve been having an issue where my Apple Watch S3 doesn’t fully charge. It goes up to 97% and then drops as low as 94% before going back to 95% and stopping. I can get it to 100% by rebooting it but it reoccurs several days later. Also, I have run the battery down to 0% seeing if that helps and it doesn’t.

Anyone else?

I was having that issue too. Hasn’t done it in a few days though.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

That’s how mine is. It’ll be fine for a few days but then repeat. It’s not a huge deal but it’s annoying.

It is. And like you the only work around was to reboot the watch to get it back to 100%

Michael S10

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site

Anyone else?

That happened to mine. I scheduled a call with Apple Support and they authorized a replacement.

In my particular case it was a new watch though.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

That happened to mine. I scheduled a call with Apple Support and they authorized a replacement.

In my particular case it was a new watch though.

I wonder what’s causing it. Did the new watch fix your issue? I have Apple Care+ on it but this issue obviously doesn’t require it as it’s a factory defect if anything.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I’ve not had that issue with my S3. I’d get it replaced. I don’t have problems with a refurb bc apple’s refurbished items are top notch and covered by the same warranty.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

I’ve not had that issue with my S3. I’d get it replaced. I don’t have problems with a refurb bc apple’s refurbished items are top notch and covered by the same warranty.

I’ll give them a call when I get a chance sometime this week. I do love to see a charging icon yet the battery doesn’t go up/depletes.

Michael S10

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site

I’ll give them a call soon. I am not to thrilled about a possible refurbished watch though.

In my case, they gave me a completely new watch. It was within the 14 day window and I reminded them that I could just return it for a new one if I wanted. There was never a question of refurbished though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you’re past the return period, un-pair your Watch from your iPhone and then pair it again.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

I got my Apple Watch Series 3 on September 22 when they first came out and it’s been fine. But I did notice a week or so ago that it does not charge to 100 percent anymore. It’s usually somewhere around 94 or 95 percent.

Michael S10

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site

My situation was a little different. I would charge it to 100%, take it off the charger and very quickly it would go to 97 or 98% (within a couple of minutes).

I got my Apple Watch Series 3 on September 22 when they first came out and it’s been fine. But I did notice a week or so ago that it does not charge to 100 percent anymore. It’s usually somewhere around 94 or 95 percent.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you’re past the return period, un-pair your Watch from your iPhone and then pair it again.

Is it safe to assume you’re running the latest watchOS version? If so, is your watch behaving in the manner you mentioned prior to installing any 3rd-party apps on it?

tdosthp

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why is my Watch not fully charging?

Noticed this same behavior this morning on both of my S3 watches. One was at 94%, one was at 96%.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my Watch not fully charging?

Noticed this same behavior this morning on both of my S3 watches. One was at 94%, one was at 96%.

I contacted Apple Care over the phone and they ran a diagnostic on my watch. Of course, my battery has 100% charge capability so it doesn’t show an issue. I’m not sure if there’s something else I can tell them or if it’s something I have to deal with. In all honesty it’s not a real big issue but it’s annoying as I like to see 100% when I pull any device off the charger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77