Why has Siri stopped giving me the weather?

I

iMore Question

Siri has stopped giving me the weather

On my iPhone 4S, when I ask what the weather will be Siri says, " I can't show your favorite weather locations. Sorry about that."
And the Weather Channel App on my iPhone has stopped working properly.
Is there an iPhone virus? I already rebooted the phone several times.
How can I fix this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The database Siri queries likely can't/doesn't have current data for your location because of a problem with the data provider. See if the stock mail app can get weather where you are or not.

macosxp

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Siri has stopped giving me the weather

I have the same question. iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1. The Weather Channel app should not be relevant, right? But the iOS Weather app has stopped showing me hourly weather, and Siri gives me the same response as you reported. It's been like this the last few days and is quite annoying. I don't think there's a virus, and I also tried rebooting, addingweather locations too...

macosxp

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Also I have not changed any privacy settings or the like. Weather source is from Yahoo, and the app still shows general conditions and weekly forecast, just not the hourly one and Siri functionality.

macosxp

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Okay this is weird. I actually fixed it now. I'm not sure how. I viewed notification center and it has weather information, though it showed old, not-updated information. Then I went to the weather app. And then it just started working. Siri too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Also I have not changed any privacy settings or the like. Weather source is from Yahoo, and the app still shows general conditions and weekly forecast, just not the hourly one and Siri functionality.

It's still Yahoo on the 4s? It's been the Weather Channel for a good while now. Actually, Yahoo gets theirs from the Weather Channel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77