Why does my iPhone lose service at the same time every night?

I

iMore Question

My Iphone es service at the same time every night. It either says searching or no service. Ive had friends over & their phones will do the same thing. Does anyone know what would cause something like this to happen? I know its not just my phone because Ive seen two other phones do it when IO had friends over at that time.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
What carrier are you using and does all your friends have the same service?

It actually sounds like a dead zone in your house you need to reason out if your loosing your signal from location

Also notify your carrier of this issue

kb1234

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a dead zone as mentioned above me. I have the same situation at my cousins house. They constantly have connection issues, and whenever I go over I have connection issues as well

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
According to the Federal Communications Commission, the topography of an area is one of the most significant factors contributing to cellphone dead zones. It can occur in rural areas or in big cities. Dropped calls can occur when you're on your phone and walk into a building, or drive into a tunnel, both of which can cause a physical obstruction blocking the communication signal between the phone and the nearest tower. This can also happen in areas where the terrain is mountainous. In addition, dropped calls can happen when a you're traveling from one cell site to the next and the call isn't handed off properly between the cell sites. Does this happen only inside? If so, there may be something in your home obstructing the signal. Some construction materials, such as rebar, may do it. If it does it outside, it may just be location. Mountains or hills? Distance to nearest tower? It could be many reasons. You need to try and identify the reason.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855