Why does CarPlay not show directions on dashboard?

jolarte1

Jul 23, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just purchased a Toyota Corolla Cross XEI and I have an iPhone 11. The CarPlay is experience has been good not great but there are still some bugs that can be fixed. One of them is that the dashboard screen (the one next to the speedometer) does not show the directions coming from Google Maps or Waze. My girlfriend, who has a Samsung, is able to see these through Android Auto. Any idea how to fix this?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just purchased a Toyota Corolla Cross XEI and I have an iPhone 11. The CarPlay is experience has been good not great but there are still some bugs that can be fixed. One of them is that the dashboard screen (the one next to the speedometer) does not show the directions coming from Google Maps or Waze. My girlfriend, who has a Samsung, is able to see these through Android Auto. Any idea how to fix this?

Welcome to iMore!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Coming with iOS 16

fa4952d716cbcaf2a4949d595939a3a3.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Have a look in your car manual. There might be a notice in regards to CarPlay’s integration with the instrument cluster.

It does work in my VW Jetta’s instrument cluster without any configuration required.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77