NavTool - Add CarPlay to your existing screen. Possible Group Buy

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I was made aware of this product on another forum.

CHEVROLET VOLT 2011-2015 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE with BUILT-IN HD SMARTPHONE MIRRORING via HDMI

Basically it lets you add CarPlay (and Android Auto for those that care about that) to your existing screen in your car or truck even if its not touch screen (The link is for my car, just to show the video of how it works, etc, but it is available for many many cars). You can use it to add cameras and phone mirroring as well but for the purpose of this thread I am focused on the CarPlay.

With the integration that is in newer cars it is difficult or impossible to replace the headunit with a CarPlay enable unit, but this looks to be a possible alternative for those who aren't going to get a new car or even those who's brand new car doesn't support CarPlay (I'm looking at you Toyota/Lexus!). It isn't cheap, at $550, but there aren't exactly a lot of options for most vehicles.

It is advertised as plug and play, and they do have quite a few install videos on their youtube page, but definitely not everything.

https://www.youtube.com/user/navtool/videos

My plan is to buy one and do my own install and operation review on my car (2014 Chevrolet Volt), so people can see exactly how easy (hopefully) it is.

I have been talking with the company about a possible group buy for the other forum, but if there are users here that would be interested, it might help meet the minimums for a group buy (10 units). With a group buy of 10 units they would be willing to give a 20% discount. Is this something anyone would be interested in?

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and do not profit from this at all. In fact my purchase would not be part of the group buy, and not eligible for the same discount. I am simply passing on information in hopes that it might help some users out there looking to add CarPlay to their vehicles.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, and hopefully other members will join you and order one for themselves. Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73