Why did I upgrade my 4s to 5.0.1. Big mistake! Now a battery issue!

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Since updating to 5.0.1, my battery no longer drains quickly in standby..but it does still have a drain issue when the device is actually being used. Sigh. :/

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought that having wifi on drains the battery more. By moderate use, I mean preparing 5-6 emails and reading emails plus maybe adding 4-5 reminders.

My backup came from my home iTunes library ( a cable synch)which was made before updating to 5.0.1 on my original phone, which pre update had great battery life not doing anything different from what I am doing now with the new phone.

By the way I tried the wipe before settling on a new phone. It had no effect.

Also, the backup I used to restore settings when I got the new phone was from the wired synch of the old phone pre update, soI do not believe it is the backup causing the problem.
As an update:
I think the Apple senior tech rep I spoke with is on to something.

Last night I let the battery fully drain to zero and completely recharged the battery to 100%.

The battery drain since the complete recharge is minimal. I am at 94% after almost 5 hours of mild use-checking emails several times plus auto check every 30 minutes. Yesterday, before letting the battery completely drain and recharging to 100%, I was at a much faster drain rate.

I will continue to let the battery drain completely and then recharge to 100% several times as suggested by the Apple tech to see if there is a continued appreciable positive difference in battery charge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77