Why can't you delete photos in iOS 13?

David Thompson15

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
With the new iOS 13.1.2 there is a problem deleting photos. When I send or receive text photos I delete the photo from the text string. I delete the photo from "photos" and then delete the deleted photos. Now, go back to the text message and at the top of the text string is the person's name. Tap the name and then tap "info." The photos appear there even though they are not visible in the text string. This has always been the case. Prior to iOS 13 you simply tapped the photo and the option to delete was there; do that and it was gone. Now under iOS 13 when you tap the photo several options appear, one being "delete." Tap that and a red "delete attachment" appears. You can tap that, but the photos are still there. I've even completely deleted the person from the text history, but when you start a new conversation with them the old photos are still there. So all these photos and videos are sitting there taking up space on the phone and there is no way to delete them.

Thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tested it and I’m getting the same results. Have you provided feedback to Apple? If not, please do so. Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have to delete the entire text thread in Messages now to actually delete them all. They removed the ability to mark them all for deletion in the Details section of Messages.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Would hardware make a difference? I’m on the 11 Pro Max and I can delete photos in an iMessage and they are gone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl