Why am I unable to open my various emails simultaneously?

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Mail app issues

I am having trouble with the Mail app on my iPhone 6. I am embarrassed to admit that I can't report on exactly when (after which update) I first started having this issue, so I will have to settle for "For a while now.." I never experienced this on my iphone 5S or 5, but of course I realize that I am probably running a newer version of iOS now on my 6.

I have two email accounts in the Mail app. If I tap on one to go look at the inbox, but then immediately go back to the list of mailboxes, I can't open the second account right away. It's like it can't nav to a different mailbox while it's still "checking for mail" in the first account. This doesn't happen all of the time - but it does most of the time and it's really annoying. The app is basically frozen for 10-20+ seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix this?

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Mail app issues

Yeah... I wish I could figure this out. Sometimes it works as intended, but it's happening often enough that I have been looking around for an alternate email app. One of the accounts is a GMail account so I tried the Gmail app, but there is no font scaling and the font is way too small.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Mailbox app supports Gmail and iCloud. It's become my personal preference for handling such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Like kch59428, I have yet to experience any of that with my 4 configured email accounts on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.1.2 nor did I experience anything like that on any of my previous iPhones and iOS versions. When you updated, did you update OTA (over the air)? It's possible that a setting or the installation itself has become corrupted, but I'm just guessing. If I were you, however, I'd reinstall iOS and set up the device as new. Yes, it can be an inconvenience, but the end result can be well worth it, in my opinion...)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77