Who still uses iPods?

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Just wondered how many people still used a iPod, with apple music, photos, etc all syncing across devices I wouldn't think my little iPod Nano would be used much - however I find it comes with me quite a lot while driving or when I get the train or walk etc as I listen to a lot of podcast and have a few photos saved, battery last FOREVER too!

What about you guys/girls?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
We have sleep white noise in both kids rooms powered by old ipods, also in the car for music playback for the kids child seats. But that is it.

These devices are still all stable and going strong (battery life aside).

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I haven't used my iPod in a while but I still have it. The issue I have with it is that I can get tired of music pretty quickly. I don't buy music as much anymore since I find it easier to stream. This thread makes me want to find my charger and charge it so that I can use it.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I still have mine, but since buying my first iPhone with more space for music I find I don't use it anymore. I do keep it charged up though.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I do.. I have an iPod nano 7th generation for my car, the only time I take it out is to update it and sync new songs on.. other than that it's stays in my car.. great device!

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I would be doing the exact same as you with mine but as I use Apple music my songs on the iPod are limited hence Podcast! I need to get ripping them CD's lol

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPod classic in the car for the rare occasion where my iPhone isn't available or coverage is too poor to use Apple Music.
An iPod shuffle (the clip one) for cycling as I do long distance and my phone needs to conserve battery
An iPod nano (again the clip one) with the kids music on for long trips in the car where my music isn't appropriate.

davewilld1

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I have the most recent Nano. Use it every day while running and working outside. Bought a new one after leaving my month-old one in my pants pocket and washing them. Wouldn’t think of running with my iPhone 6s.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've got an iPod Shuffle that I use virtually every day when I go run. More convenient than the bulk of a phone. Sad to know I won't be able to replace it if it expires

01pappy

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 iPods that I've used over the years and just bought the 128gb ($299---$100 less than the 64gb when I bought it) model just to have when Apple stops making them all together. Call me old fashioned, but I love those things!

SvenJ

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Just found a nano (I think) floating around the house. Old one with a click wheel. Had to search for a 30 pin cable to charge it but still had one. All the music and stuff was still on it and those things actually had speakers. It has a solitaire game on it. Took a bit to figure out how to play solitaire with a click wheel, but it was somehow satisfying.

felicityk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using an iPod nano from 2009 (although on a less frequent basis than when I first bought it). Aside from a somewhat diminished battery life, it still works well. Although I often stream music and other audio on my phone, I like to use the iPod when exercising, or in any situation where I'd prefer to keep my phone hidden away in my bag or coat pocket.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not me. I gave mine away when I downloaded all of my music to my Blackberry memory card. No need to carry two devices.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My 10 year old step son received the latest iPod Touch for Christmas last year. He loves that thing. His mother and I decided he's too young to have an iPhone yet. Once he turns 13-14 we'll get him an iPhone.