• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Which do you use for forum reading? Tapatalk or the iMore app?

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I stick to the web browser, in desktop mode. I find it best, since I can see and use all functions more easily. And on a 7 Plus there's enough screen real estate.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Tap talk or iMore app

I have both. I use TapaTalk most of the time because I frequent 6 forums. I do use the iMore forums app some as well. You said the iMore app. There's a difference between the two. The iMore forums app is better than the iMore app for forum use.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I primarily use the Tapatalk Pro app, but on occasion, I will use the iMore Forums app as well as sign in via Safari (usually when I'm using my iPad Pro).

anon(9057135)

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I use Tapatalk Pro (2.99$) because can use one app for over 10 forums and because I don't need 20+ apps just for forums when Incan unify them.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk for about 7 or 8 years now. From back when I was going through a phone a month, so I've bought Tapatalk on mobile platforms, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Bkackberry, Kindle....yeah, I spent a lot of money on Tapatalk. For me it offers me everything I need in a forum browser. It's been a while since the iMore Forums app, and I've only accidentally gone to the forums on the iMore News app, however I like the aesthetics and functionality of Tapatalk over the apps that only run Tapatalk's skin or copy/paste app.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I use them all, Web browser, Tapatalk, iMore app.

This.
I find that the iMore app seems to go back further with my participated threads but Tapatalk is nice for notifications. Web browser is great on a computer though, I like opening everything I want to look at with multiple tabs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01