What the heck is Forbes talking about?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Good point. I suppose my gripe is that I’ve been running iOS 12 since June and the overall performance of my iPhone X has improved. My iPhone X’s display has not been negative impacted at all.
Apple does change things up. I know the display on my 7 Plus started running dimmer on auto brightness after iOS 11. It's one of the reasons I upgraded to the iPhone aplue, which also had aggressive auto brightness, making it impossible to watch video on the phone in a dark room (as all the dark parts of the video were really crushed in the image as a result).

I think they did it for better battery life, but it's something I don't like manually managing on a smartphone.

Can't vouch for iPhone X issues, though. Seen one in the store and it "seemed" unchanged...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There are 2 reasons they may be posting these articles (well 3 if you count that it MIGHT be true), BUT likely they are doing it for the clicks, OR the authors are doing it to support their position on the stock.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol. Unless you own the stock that's useless. If you own it, then you wouldn't report negatives that can drag it down.

It being true is more likely than the nonsensical stock market stuff you're referring to.

All online publications do it for the clicks. That's completely nonfactor.