What Email service do you use? Persnal or Mobile

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Gmail for personal and Blogger ~ Hotmail for Twitter notifications and web signups ~ Outlook for work.
I should go for a 4th and try out iCloud especially after reading John Yester's post. Now that's an eye-opener !

Recently reformed Gmail user. Now using iCloud as my main email address, hotmail (classic hotmail) for web stuff, and GMail will remain as Apple requires a secondary account. Using iCloud is pretty nice, since it is all Apple, your stuff sync well, I can now use iCloud for my contacts and calendar. It?s all good.

I have emails from Gmail and Hotmail forwarded to iCloud.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that my @me.com account is still waiting with bulging inbox for me to find a way to access it. Anyone know how?

Log-in using the AppleID & password of the account associated with the @me.com address on the iCloud web interface, or set up email clients using that AppleID & password.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I use both. Transitioning to icloud from gmail but still prefer google for searching. Old gmail is forwarded to icloud. Then icloud is forwarded to a new gmail account used for backup or if I need google's search.

I tried outlook.com but as big an Office person as I am, I still don't like it. I don't like the way it handles replying with another email.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Just switched my personal email from gmail to outlook.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Was a long time gmail user then had to get a replacement phone and puah was gone. Tried the gmail app and hated it. Then tried using icloud but hated the web interface for windows PC. So for the last couple months I've been using outlook.com and its been great. For an iPhone and PC user it works best for me.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Gmail but only have iCloud set up on my iPhone and have gmail forwarded to it so I can have push email.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Using mailbox app, since I had my gmail account long before I got my iphone, and my workplace uses gmail for their mail as well. No reason to switch to icloud personally.

The gmail app for IOS sucks (IMO) since it still lacks a unified inbox and can't open attachments in apps. Jumped into the mailbox app when it was released (waited roughly a month for it) and liked its swipe features enough to tolerate its shortcomings for now (lack of landscape mode, doesn't pre-download mail).

Will probably stick with mailbox, since I intend to recontract to a 5s (or whatever Apple calls their iphone for this year), and have heard that Google no longer supports push email for the iphone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77