What do you think of the HomePod Mini?

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
HomePod Mini

I bought one for my parents for Christmas and set it up yesterday for them. I cannot believe how good the sound is. I had purchased them a Google Home Mini three years ago and the Apple Mini sounds like a Bose speaker in comparison.

I may buy myself one now and begin replacing my Google Home products.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought one for my parents for Christmas and set it up yesterday for them. I cannot believe how good the sound is. I had purchased them a Google Home Mini three years ago and the Apple Mini sounds like a Bose speaker in comparison.

I may buy myself one now and begin replacing my Google Home products.

Awesome. I’m going to be probably by a pair and give one to my youngest for Christmas.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered two space gray HomePod Minis last night via the Apple Store app and picked them up a couple of hours ago at a nearby Apple Store. I’m keeping one and will give the other to my teenage son.

The audio is clear and balanced and I’m impressed with its volume. With that being said, it can’t compare to the original HomePod, but I didn’t expect it to. I like it and I’m glad I purchased it.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So I enable 2FA, and connect the HomePod Mini. No matter what I do, it will not connect to the home app. I have restarted it several times, reset my WiFi. And I rebooted the iPhone, all to no avail. The Siri responds to the HomePod Mini. But I am guessing it won’t connect to WiFi. When I try to connect to Apple Music. I get “something is up with your Apple Music account, see the Home app”. I would if the HomePod was showing in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: All is good, somehow I or it to work. ������

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I enable 2FA, and connect the HomePod Mini. No matter what I do, it will not connect to the home app. I have restarted it several times, reset my WiFi. And I rebooted the iPhone, all to no avail. The Siri responds to the HomePod Mini. But I am guessing it won’t connect to WiFi. When I try to connect to Apple Music. I get “something is up with your Apple Music account, see the Home app”. I would if the HomePod was showing in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: All is good, somehow I or it to work. ������

I’m glad you got it to work, Joe. Enjoy.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks D, I have a couple of HomeKit accessories coming. So we will see how the setup goes. Being winter, and I am at work more than home. I would like to control my lights when I am not here.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Siri on the HomePod Mini, she has very sensitive ears. When I voice a command or request, my iPhone and iPad are right next to me. Yet the Mini is in my bedroom, and Siri responds instead of the iPhone or iPad. ??????

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri on the HomePod Mini, she has very sensitive ears. When I voice a command or request, my iPhone and iPad are right next to me. Yet the Mini is in my bedroom, and Siri responds instead of the iPhone or iPad. í ½í¸ƒ

That’s normal. If you say, “Hey Siri” and you’re near your HomePod, it will indeed respond.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It even responds when the HomePod commercial comes on TV

I know, right? It happened again today while watching the Bucs v Saints NFL game earlier. An NFL commercial asked, “Hey Siri, who are the leading rushers in the NFL” or something to that effect and my HomePod started listing the first 5 names and then asked if I wanted to hear the next 5....

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I know, right? It happened again today while watching the Bucs v Saints NFL game earlier. An NFL commercial asked, “Hey Siri, who are the leading rushers in the NFL” or something to that effect and my HomePod started listing the first 5 names and then asked if I wanted to hear the next 5....

Haha!! That is too funny!

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Just set up my mini. Using it in the kitchen. Hate cranking the pair a regular HP in The living room to hear it in the kitchen. Very happy. Makes me want another but have no use for it. Lol.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my mini’s for Christmas gifts, I bought one to many. The party I was giving it to, I decided upon a different gift. I am not sure if I should keep it, and set it up in the kitchen. I have an open floor plan,and I was thinking one in the kitchen would balance the music in my small ranch. ������������

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my mini’s for Christmas gifts, I bought one to many. The party I was giving it to, I decided upon a different gift. I am not sure if I should keep it, and set it up in the kitchen. I have an open floor plan,and I was thinking one in the kitchen would balance the music in my small ranch. ������������

Keep it!.....

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well that stinks. I was hoping to replace the Dots with Minis. So the Mini won’t do smart home stuff?

I thinking about doing the same thing. I have Echo Dots and Echos throughout my home and I'm not sure if it's worth switching at this time. I will probably revisit this idea in a year.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
New HomePod mini coming via fedex today. A freebee via a work bonus program. Wanted one to pair with my Mac mini but I was too cheap to buy it myself. If it's on works dime it's a different story!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77