• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

What are your top 5 iOS apps?

Izzy_Jakob

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Gorillacam - better than the Iphone default camera
iTalk- AMAZING...LEAVE IT ON around coworkers and find out what they say when you leave the room :) i know not ethical but its crazy out there
Shazam-
HOLYBIBLE- I need my daily dose
iXpenselt- Keep track of my spending

shawkin

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
New but...

I'm a few days into using the just launched 'Nourish Daily' app (its a food one under health and fitness) and it is simply fantastic. I've been following what the nutritionist has told me to eat (you get personalised menus) and I'm already 2 pounds down in weight and ahem --- less constipated :) This app gives you a weekly shopping list for your own personal menu, daily tips, portion sizing - none of that calorie counting crap. Truly great app.

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't live without:
MobileMe iDisk (use to for cloud viewing work documents on the go)
Facebook
Sky News
HulloMail
Highways Agency (UK traffic conditions)

Mar 8, 2010
www.lawrence-najjar.com
My top 5 favorite free apps

Google -- Quick Google Web search, including voice input.

NYTimes -- Full stories from today's newspaper, with images and 25 several selectable categories.

Say Who -- Best voice dialer out there. Now defunct. The others cannot compare. Gone but not forgotten. (I've got the 3G, so no built in voice dialer)

The Weather Channel -- Compared to the default Weather app, gives you more choices for seeing predicted future weather (Hourly, 36 Hour, 10 Day).

White Noise -- Generates different soothing sounds (White Noise, Oscillating Fan, Extreme Rain to help cover hotel noises while you try to sleep.

samuelliebz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My top 5 are

Flashlight - perfect for checking on the kids at night without a glaring bright light in their face to wake them

Insure Me - our free iPhone Insurance app - so I'm slightly biased - It finds discounts for iPhone insurance

Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets - Dead handy for the shortcuts - like a very readable instructions manual that actually *doesnt* make you fall asleep

Ashalt 4 - I have no idea how to play it but it keeps my daughter quiet on a Sunday morning...

Analytics App - If you run a website this is great for getting Google Analytics while you're on the move

webilosopher

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I use the following apps almost every day:

Listomni (paid app) - great for lists of all kinds

Twitterific (free I think)

QuickVoice Recorder (free version) - very fast audio recorder, for voice memos, on-the-fly podcasts, etc.

GoodReader (partly paid version) - offline reader for all sorts of docs; can extract docs from websites, cloud-based storage services (e.g. Dropbox)

WordWeb - great offline dictionary (free I think)

Lots of others that I use fairly often, either for fun or productivity, including:

ShapeWriter Lite (great app; I'd use it much more, except I keep forgetting about it...)
Instapaper Free
Bloom
Ocarina
Pocket Informant (still deciding whether to shell out for the paid version...)
MemStatus

samuelliebz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
One other - ok so that makes it a Top 6 list - but anyway

Guitar Tuner - free app for tuning guitar - plays the 6 notes of the guitar strings to tune the guitar in. Simple and effective - and always in my pocket :)

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to add one as well - CP Pro (Camera Plus Pro). It feels really solid, I mean it is a paid app.. so to each their own, and if the built in camera or camera plus *not pro* works for you then perfect, but for a bit more here you go!

dleon3406

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the post!

Im new too, Kathy, thanks for your post, found it very helpful!

Dave, Tx :)

OK I'm new so don't hold it against me but so far my favorites are:

Fluent News
5.0 Radio Pro
Facebook
List Master - soooo easy to learn and use!
Trapster - has already saved me more than once from a speeding ticket
SoundHound

Ooops! Sorry that is 6 instead of 5 - I told you I was new

Kathy in NC

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammadreza