Westboro Baptist Church Says They Are Going To Picket Steve Jobs? Funeral

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Westboro Baptist Church Says They Are Going To Picket Steve Jobs' Funeral...From An iPhone [PIC]

333lws2.jpg

and they tweeted this from an iPhone. ****ing pathetic people

i get the pleasure to see these people every once in a while. they picket with their children!

i know by me posting this is giving them what they want but it's just amazing what they get away with. they are a family full of lawyers so they know the to do's and not to do's

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I saw @MargieJPhelps tweet that they were going to protest. Is it ironic that she was tweeting from a iPhone? When their cult came to town to hold a "rally" they decided to close schools for the day since they held it on the main road in front of the high school. It's was comical that only a handful of people showed up besides the news reporters. I really despise them & everything they believe. They love to sue people when cities try to block their protests. I would think that all those close to Steve make sure that their presence is limited if not completely blocked. What disgusting people they are!

:::end rant:::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
agreed MsFancy, seeing them in person is like watching a circus. it amazes me that people do not try to physically try to hurt these people

note: Mods, please feel free to combine this thread with the other linked above

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
agreed MsFancy, seeing them in person is like watching a circus. it amazes me that people do not try to physically try to hurt these people

Guess I went off a little bit but that's an issue that is personal to me regardless of whoevers funeral they are protesting. It really infuriates me to watch them in action!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

What's so wrong about gratuitous violence? Those people deserve what they get!

Orangejulius

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
What's so wrong about gratuitous violence? Those people deserve what they get!

What they deserve still wouldn't reflect well on us. We're supposed to be better than them, morally and intellectually. If we just started beating on them, it says less about what they do and more about our inability to control ourselves. In addition, it would just let them play the victim card.

There are bikers that travel around the country and stand guard at veterans' funerals, gunning their engines to drown out the noise of the WBC. The mourners generally appreciate it. There's also a group/campaign that makes huge angel wings and wears them to such funerals (for vets and others) to block out the site of the WBC's placards and whatnot.

Instead of gratuitous violence, we'd be better off making large signs with Jobs's favorite pieces of Zen wisdom written on them, or lining up cars near the WBC and blasting synchronized music from Apple's commercials.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
What they deserve still wouldn't reflect well on us. We're supposed to be better than them, morally and intellectually. If we just started beating on them, it says less about what they do and more about our inability to control ourselves. In addition, it would just let them play the victim card.

There are bikers that travel around the country and stand guard at veterans' funerals, gunning their engines to drown out the noise of the WBC. The mourners generally appreciate it. There's also a group/campaign that makes huge angel wings and wears them to such funerals (for vets and others) to block out the site of the WBC's placards and whatnot.

Instead of gratuitous violence, we'd be better off making large signs with Jobs's favorite pieces of Zen wisdom written on them, or lining up cars near the WBC and blasting synchronized music from Apple's commercials.

They thrive on getting at people's emotions and when they are threatened or been banned from a certain town they will sue for not allowing free speech. I hope those bikers are there to guard what should be a peaceful and respectful time.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, but i respectfully disagree. The bikers may very well drown out the WBC, but i don't think that the noise level lends itself to any kind of a wake. If you insist on "bikers", how about the Hell's Angels? They don't need much provocation to get down to "business". A lot of them are vets, and they're not too fond of the WBC anyway. Just my personal opinion.:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll