Wednesday is here...is iOS 4.1 going to pop up today?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I remember when testing iOS 4, the final version was different in size than the beta; being bigger, and I did notice a couple of changes even though the build number was the same. But hey, believe what you want. All I'm saying is that things that need tweaking in the GM are fixed usually in the public release.

I've been beta testing software for 20 years, so yeah, I do know what I'm talking about.

To nitpick you said the iOS 4 beta was different sizes then the final. We are running the iOS 4.1 GM not a beta. It has already cleared beta and has been considered Gold Master so I really doubt we will see any changes. But in the grand scheme of things I guess anything is possible.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well I remember when testing iOS 4, the final version was different in size than the beta; being bigger, and I did notice a couple of changes even though the build number was the same. But hey, believe what you want. All I'm saying is that things that need tweaking in the GM are fixed usually in the public release.

I've been beta testing software for 20 years, so yeah, I do know what I'm talking about.

Really? Me too.

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
Then if the GM was all cleaned of bugs, then why not just release it to the general public?

Just wait till the final is released. Most likely there will be a size difference, but the build number will be the same. Hash file should be different as well.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak for Apple, but most likely to coincide with the release of their new iPod models in the stores. They have done that in the past, hold things for release until it has something to launch with.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I put it on last week as well, but I will still d/l the version Apple pushes out, heck why not its no big deal. As for it coming today, well we all know how much Jobs hates spoilers and with Apple UK announcing
9-8-10 as the date, well I can see Jobs holding it off for a day or two just to make his point(less) opinion known.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Really, what is the point in arguing whether the GM build will be the same as the public release? In the end, its all the same. If there are tweaks, they are so minor that I guarantee the guys using the GM for a week now won't be able to tell a difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zijinqingqing555