VZW says I need an iPhone with even with cellular?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I can’t use mine since I have a watch also with cellular. I got one for my 10 yo with no phone. They say I have to use my teens lined but I plan to connect theirs. Then I can’t! Is that right?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They require a phone number for a cellular watch. Same with cellular iPad. Are you saying it's not a cellular watch, and still requiring a number? Or what? Not sure about requiring iPhone. Many features won't work without an iPhone.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I’m getting cellular on it for my 10 yo. She doesn’t have a phone. I thought when you get cellular you don’t need a phone. So they say I can’t use my phone because my 7 with cell is connected and I was thinking of connecting my teens devices and my husband but I have to use either of the teens lines since they have iPhones, hubs has Android to connect her watch and I can’t connect one of their watches after that!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They're making them now where more features can be used without an iPhone. But still a lot where the iPhone has to be close by. It has to mirror the iPhone. Not sure why you have to have a phone, if you don't mind not having those features.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Here you go op:

follow the links below for more info on how to set it up and more information on what can be done.

1aaaf4335b80eb36969ee64984c353ec.png

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Here you go op:

follow the links below for more info on how to set it up and more information on what can be done.

1aaaf4335b80eb36969ee64984c353ec.png

It’s not new. It says it’s out of date when I try to pair.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m getting cellular on it for my 10 yo. She doesn’t have a phone. I thought when you get cellular you don’t need a phone. So they say I can’t use my phone because my 7 with cell is connected and I was thinking of connecting my teens devices and my husband but I have to use either of the teens lines since they have iPhones, hubs has Android to connect her watch and I can’t connect one of their watches after that!

A cellular watch, although is assigned its own phone number, still has to be associated with an iPhone in order for it to make and receive phone calls.

Reactions: blessed2bamommie

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 7. Can I not use it with mine then? They were trying to use my teens ohones but they also have watches I connect.

If no other Watch is associated with your iPhone then I don’t see why not? Keep in mind that typically a carrier (Verizon) is not going to assign/associate an Watch to an iPhone associated with a different carrier (AT&T, for example).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dynalowrider61