Verizon Wireless - How can I upgrade early?

dalmoradie1

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
My contract does not end until 11/24/14. I would like to upgrade to an iphone 6 and take advantage of the $200 trade-in offer, but I cannot upgrade until 11/24. I read somewhere that I can add a line and get the 6 on that line, then when the phone arrives to switch? how does this work? Has anybody here done this? What additional charges will I be paying if I did this?

Thanks for any input on this.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has begun offering two month early upgrades... try calling customer service and see if they'll "wave a magic wand" and bump your upgrade.

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
$$$$$$$

EDIT: To expand on this, they may let you upgrade early if you pay them a little extra. My husband's last "dumb phone" died a few years back and we were able to do an early upgrade to an iPhone on his line (he ended up taking my upcoming upgrade). They charged us an extra $30 to do it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
$$$$$$$

EDIT: To expand on this, they may let you upgrade early if you pay them a little extra. My husband's last "dumb phone" died a few years back and we were able to do an early upgrade to an iPhone on his line (he ended up taking my upcoming upgrade). They charged us an extra $30 to do it.

All upgrades have a $30 upgrade fee now. That just started last year.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
$$$$$$$

Nooooooo!!!. Jeezus, do not offer to pay Verizon more money. Just tell them "I'm a loyal customer and I'd like to get an early upgrade". And also ask them to waive the $30 activation fee.

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
All upgrades have a $30 upgrade fee now. That just started last year.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
Oh I know...not thrilled about it. Just relaying what happened for us a couple of years back.
Nooooooo!!!. Jeezus, do not offer to pay Verizon more money. Just tell them "I'm a loyal customer and I'd like to get an early upgrade". And also ask them to waive the $30 activation fee.
Sheesh...calm down.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get the upgrade fees waived on my three lines a few months ago. I just asked for it. I do it every time.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh I know...not thrilled about it. Just relaying what happened for us a couple of years back.

Sheesh...calm down.

I'm trying to prevent someone from giving their hard earned money to a big corporation.
Yours was not great advice, so sheesh yourself.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My contract does not end until 11/24/14. I would like to upgrade to an iphone 6 and take advantage of the $200 trade-in offer, but I cannot upgrade until 11/24. I read somewhere that I can add a line and get the 6 on that line, then when the phone arrives to switch? how does this work? Has anybody here done this? What additional charges will I be paying if I did this?

Thanks for any input on this.
Verizon just announced that they will allow those who normally would have had to wait until November, to upgrade early.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I asked this in another thread but I don't believe I was very clear with my question. My upgrade isn't up until 11/15. However, I've read on a few links that Verizon will give me $300 trade in for my 5s and a $200 Verizon gift card. Not sure how this works. Will I be able to use the $200 gift card toward the purchase of an iPhone 6+?

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I asked this in another thread but I don't believe I was very clear with my question. My upgrade isn't up until 11/15. However, I've read on a few links that Verizon will give me $300 trade in for my 5s and a $200 Verizon gift card. Not sure how this works. Will I be able to use the $200 gift card toward the purchase of an iPhone 6+?

I'm curious about this too!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure about the money for the trade but if you original upgrade date is Nov. 15 or before, you can upgrade now to any device.