Verizon GoUnlimited vs BeyondUnlimited

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been on both of these plans and noticed a difference? I'm currently on Verizons introductory (the one that released last year before they split the Unlimited plans into two), which is essentially the BeyondUnlimited plan but $25 cheaper than the BeyondUnlimited plan. The GoUnlimited plan is $25 cheaper than the plan I'm on. I'm debating on switching to the GoUnlimited plan for the cost savings but I don't want to regret my decision.

GoUnlimited:
unlimited 4G LTE data
dvd quality video
unlimited mobile hotspot

BeyondUnlimited:
premium unlimited 4G LTE data
HD quality video
unlimited hotspot w/15 GB of 4G LTE

My question is, aside from the stated differences, what has been the experience of those of you who have used the GoUnlimited plan? Do you notice differences browsing the web? What about music streaming? Do notice a drop in quality? I'm not as concerned about video quality because my phone screen is too small for me to truly be interested in watching videos on it (and that's why I have an iPad).

How is your experience with the hotspot?

I don't want to lose the plan I'm on because I won't be able to get it back once I leave it and I'll be stuck with the BeyondUnlimited plan to get the features I currently have back.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, those who have one of the unlimited plans will reply soon....:cool:

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I was on the Verizon unlimited plan that was introduced last year before these current ones that are out. It is basically the beyond unlimited or whatever which give you HD quality video, 15gb of tethering and 22gb of uninterrupted LTE speeds. Now I'm on the unlimited pre paid and it's basically similar to the basic unlimited service they offer minus the tethering. You get unlimited LTE access on both of the post paid offers and the pre paid but the top tier one as I said gets 22gb of uninterrupted LTE speeds. After that it's all being prioritized and the speeds I've noticed hasn't hampered anything for me. Streaming music has been fine and web pages have always loaded. I've been using 30-40 gb per month on average and never noticed a slow down. Since that I realized going the pre paid route was cheaper since you don't have to pay all the taxes post paid people do plus no access fee I switched.

Honestly look at your usage and if you don't need the tethering the pre paid unlimited is the cheapest. You also don't get visual voicemail but it's cheaper by a lot. I'm paying $88 including taxes

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the information. I have decided to stay put. With the tethering it just makes sense.
That and the 22 GB before being de-prioritized is worth it for me.

Depends on the area if it will mess with you. At my old work location it dropped me to speeds that weren't usable.

My new work location it works great regardless of how much I've used.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That and the 22 GB before being de-prioritized is worth it for me.

Depends on the area if it will mess with you. At my old work location it dropped me to speeds that weren't usable.

My new work location it works great regardless of how much I've used.

Yea I'm currently at around 28 GB of usage with 10 days left in my cycle. So far I haven't noticed an issue with my usage so I'm not sure how much the de-prioritization affects me.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yea I'm currently at around 28 GB of usage with 10 days left in my cycle. So far I haven't noticed an issue with my usage so I'm not sure how much the de-prioritization affects me.

It might not at all. It is definitely location dependent for sure. I could swap to "Go" and save a few bucks but I would rather pay the little bit more and have hotspot if I need it versus not really having it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
For me it doesn't. I've used 40+gb and I didn't notice a difference when I was o beyond unlimited

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It might not at all. It is definitely location dependent for sure. I could swap to "Go" and save a few bucks but I would rather pay the little bit more and have hotspot if I need it versus not really having it.
I have the unlimited pre paid which is basically the same as go unlimited but no hot spot and visual voicemail isn't available on Android at least. Pay $88.30 total with taxes. Imho worth the savings over hot spot
1263b0074bf0da2fd8a334e2555dbaf0.jpg

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the unlimited pre paid which is basically the same as go unlimited but no hot spot and visual voicemail isn't available on Android at least. Pay $88.30 total with taxes. Imho worth the savings over hot spot //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180218/1263b0074bf0da2fd8a334e2555dbaf0.jpg
Due to me getting the February unlimited plan last year and having a lot of lines (9) my bill is cheap. It's all family with me (and a friend or two who are pretty much family) so we all split and pay our own line costs.

My line costs me around 33 bucks a month. Taxes and all. Hard to complain since we have all the benefits of the Beyond Unlimited plan for the lower price.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Due to me getting the February unlimited plan last year and having a lot of lines (9) my bill is cheap. It's all family with me (and a friend or two who are pretty much family) so we all split and pay our own line costs.

My line costs me around 33 bucks a month. Taxes and all. Hard to complain since we have all the benefits of the Beyond Unlimited plan for the lower price.
Oh family plans yeah I would agree but for single lines it would be crazy to go for the post paid ones since the access fee

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh family plans yeah I would agree but for single lines it would be crazy to go for the post paid ones since the access fee
Well the access fee is built into the cost. Only the older plans didn't have the access fee. So beyond unlimited is really 85 for one line plus taxes. Not 85 plus line access plus taxes.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Well the access fee is built into the cost. Only the older plans didn't have the access fee. So beyond unlimited is really 85 for one line plus taxes. Not 85 plus line access plus taxes.
Really? Didn't know that. Was a while since I was on Verizon. Back then I had a 10gb plan. Moved around a lot on and off family plans.

Still I think I was quoted like 43 dollars in taxes for one line in nyc

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Really? Didn't know that. Was a while since I was on Verizon. Back then I had a 10gb plan. Moved around a lot on and off family plans.

Still I think I was quoted like 43 dollars in taxes for one line in nyc

Yeah all the postpaid plan prices include the 20 bucks access fee within that total price.

So beyond is 85 a line + taxes.

If I had to I'd still get beyond. I personally want that 22 GB without an issue just for peace of mind but I know some don't care. If I didn't get the top plan for Verizon I would go and just get another carrier like T-Mobile or Metro.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah all the postpaid plan prices include the 20 bucks access fee within that total price.

So beyond is 85 a line + taxes.

If I had to I'd still get beyond. I personally want that 22 GB without an issue just for peace of mind but I know some don't care. If I didn't get the top plan for Verizon I would go and just get another carrier like T-Mobile or Metro.
I did care which was why I was on a family plan which had it. After 4 months I realized I didn't get throttled even after I used 22gb.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I did care which was why I was on a family plan which had it. After 4 months I realized I didn't get throttled
That's good. Some areas in town get throttled for me. Luckily the main place I need / use LTE is amazing even over 22 GB. My work moved to a new location and these are the normal speeds all day (even during the lunch rush and 5 PM).

32415bdd53eb98e5bfaf3940e9623cad.jpg

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I was on corporate discount and switched. This is my first month. Costing me more but am getting more. I was dissatisfied because my company changed the corporate plan and so if am going to pay more might as well get the unlimited. I was on the old XXL plan and had roll over. I was always close so this is a good fit for me. I will like not having to worry

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at Verizon again, but their new plans are outrageous for the price. First my wife and I don't actually need unlimited but 8GB of data is a joke on the shared plans.

They are charging way too much money for what they are offering considering they can reduce your speed at 22GB of monthly data and while I rarely would come close to that, it's the fact that they are not adding value to their plans and still gouging.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77