Verizon call issue?

St3ib

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon version of the iPhone XS max. Running latest firmware. When enable LTE is set to voice and data, I get a squelch like noise in the middle of a call. When I turn lte off, it’s fine. I went to Apple and they told me it was a Verizon issue. They said Verizon has not released an update to correct it. Does anybody else have this issue or is Apple trying not to replace my phone with my AppleCare?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
A couple of thoughts about this: 1. Have you by any chance contacted Verizon directly? 2. Could you by any chance need to update your Carrier's settings? If you're not sure how to do this, here's a link to directions on how to do this on Apple's Support Page.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the Verizon version of the iPhone XS max. Running latest firmware. When enable LTE is set to voice and data, I get a squelch like noise in the middle of a call. When I turn lte off, it’s fine.

Does this happen on every phone call? Sending or receiving only? About the same time on every call or random times?

I went to Apple and they told me it was a Verizon issue. They said Verizon has not released an update to correct it. Does anybody else have this issue or is Apple trying not to replace my phone with my AppleCare?

I'd ask for the source of their information.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon version of the iPhone XS max. Running latest firmware. When enable LTE is set to voice and data, I get a squelch like noise in the middle of a call. When I turn lte off, it’s fine. I went to Apple and they told me it was a Verizon issue. They said Verizon has not released an update to correct it. Does anybody else have this issue or is Apple trying not to replace my phone with my AppleCare?

I’m on Verizon’s network with my iPhone X and I’ve yet to experience anything like that. The interference could be in regard to location. Does it happen everywhere or in a specific area? Have you tried resetting the network settings on the device?

TechTs

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I have the XS Max and no issues with Verizon either.. if it’s ongoing report it to their network.. could be an issue with the tower

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No issues on my Verizon Xs Max. I suggest resetting your network settings.... Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. If that doesn't work call Verizon and have them do it on their end.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4