Using Verizon iPhone 5 (USA) in Canada

bmartin3191

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I will be traveling to Montreal and Quebec--will my Verizon iPhone 5 (USA) work in Canada? Will I need an international plan? Will I need a different adaptor to charge my phone? Any help would be fantastic.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I will be traveling to Montreal and Quebec--will my Verizon iPhone 5 (USA) work in Canada? Will I need an international plan? Will I need a different adaptor to charge my phone? Any help would be fantastic.

Your iPhone 5 will work fine. It will roam on GSM... and you will not need a different adapter to charge it. As for plans, best to inquire with Verizon about pricing but yes, you'll need a roaming data plan. - http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/Roaming/North_America/Canada.html

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't need a different charger... Canada is the same as USA... Check Verizon's web site for details on Roaming in Canada... or, you can buy a prepaid sim from a Canadian carrier and swap it for your Verizon LTE sim while you're in Canada.

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I would like to know if obtaining a separate SIM card might be a more economical solution. My Verizon plan shuts before I travel north of the border.

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
By a prepaid SIM card from a Canadian phone company that will work in iPhone. Then swap the sims out and use the prepaid. Verizon's sim is unlocked. I did this when i went to France. Saved a lot of money. I also used my google voice number over wifi with the app Talkatone

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Another option would be to just use text, and for voice use FaceTime or Skype only on WiFi.

Per links above, text shows as domestic rates. This option has worked well for family members traveling in Quebec, Ontario, and BC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimalamia