• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Question Unable to choose Home Hub

cbbrowne1

Sep 18, 2024
Visit site
I am unable to choose a Home Hub from Home app settings. Everything has been updated to iOS18. However, there are two generic "Home Hubs" that are not responding. I heard that ALL devices must be responding to enable Home Hub choice. I have already restarted the router several times, removed erased and reset the Apple TV, added it back in. Everything has a unique name. In the Home Hubs & Bridges list (Home app settings) there are two items on the list: Living Room, and NEW 4k. These are old names for the Apple TV I had already reset twice before. Everything else is named for what it is - HomePod, HomePod mini, etc. Below the name is says, "Home Hub is not responding."
On the top pop-up list for the Home app settings, it says 3 Accessories - No Response. One is an outlet I only use once a year for the Christmas tree, but the other two say HOME HUB - Cannot connect to Home Hub. Make sure it is powered on and connected to the internet. Everything is powered on and connected to the internet. They all say "Standby" with one Apple TV (the farthest one from the router) saying connected. How do I fix this? How can I remove the generic "Home Hub" from my device list? I have already tried removing the Apple TVs from my iCloud account (and Apple ID), removing the Accessory from the Home app, erase and reset it, setting it up again. The issue persists. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_F556CABA3E44-1.jpeg
    IMG_F556CABA3E44-1.jpeg
    650.9 KB · Views: 44

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok