Transfer tunes from Sandisc to new iphone5

jaybird28

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My iTunes expired as I joined the Droid world for a couple years. I have 400 songs on a 4g micro Sandisc and I'm just curious is there some crazy way I could get those to my new iphone5. At this point I don't have access to a laptop to use iTunes. I do have a Droid tablet. I'm sure I'm toast but worth a toss at the forum- Thanks Gang

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well since you don't have access to a laptop, something like DropBox might work for you. Although that's probably a cumbersome solution.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The necessity of using iTunes remains the weak link in the Apple ecosystem chain. When iOS 5 was announced, they made a huge deal about no longer being tied to a desktop because you could activate without a computer and backup to iCloud. But you still need a computer to sync your own music, video, and photos to your device. I hate it.

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It would be great if they released an optical drive for iOS devices and upgraded the iTunes app/combined it with the music app and you'd be able to rip your own CDs directly onto your phone/iPad. Photo stream does the job for photos, it's just music and movies (especially if you didn't have to rip DVDs, you could maybe play them straight from the disc)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would be happy if they made a apple iTunes server external drive
So you can have access to all your media using nat but not have to have iTunes running on a computer

I'm also in for iPad and iPhone accessories like USB to support direct printing or flash drives

I know I know I can dream right ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You can get NAS drives which have built-in iTunes servers. Only works for
music, I believe.

Ya I have seen one but the it cost 300 dollars and you have to buy your own drives still .. Would like a apple router to support this with a external USB drive

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok that would be nice. You can find them cheaper than that. I have a Buffalo Linkstation Duo with 2 1TB that I can run in Raid 0 or 1. It came with the drives and I think it was just under $300 although it was a few years ago.

Does it run as a iTunes server without the need of a computer with iTunes turned on to access the media ?
Like my 100 gigs of movies and 12 gigs of music ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The non-RAID versions can be had for under $200 from Amazon for a single drive 2TB NAS. Dual-drive and RAID still under $300.

Here's the single drive one: Linkstation Pro LS-VL Network Storage

You can navigate the site to look at the others versions. They all come with the "Linkstation NAS System" which is described here: LinkStation NAS System for Home and Small Office Network Storage | BUFFALO

Here is a snippet about Media Sharing:

That still doesn't answer the question about whether it is visible on the Apple TV or iPad. I don't have mine anymore so I can't check for you (I switched over to a Mac Mini with a large attached FireWire drive. It does run all the time with iTunes though).

They do have forums that might answer your question. Since it also has a DLNA server, you could investigate apps that connect to DLNA rather than an iTunes server as well. I do know that a non-jailbroken AppleTV's don't support DLNA, but Firecore's jailbreak software does allow you to play stuff off of network shares.

Good info
Thanks

But of it don't so movies its not worth it to me cuz I have match so my TVs get my music anyways

My iTunes purchased movie I can stream from apple but it my own copy's in iTunes that I would like to not have to have my laptop on to be able to access

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy