Top Left side Overheating MBA Early 2016

whiteowl4

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
MBA 2016 gets heated on the top left side. And loud fan noise is audible. After that, the system slows, hangs and restarts automatically. This happens after every week or so of doing 3 hours web browsing daily. This is happening for the last 3-4 months. I always put it to sleep. There are 50-100 tabs opened at all times on both Chrome and Safari.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With 50 to 100 tabs open via Safari and Chrome, your machine will indeed use more power and possibly cause it to get warmer than usual, and Chrome has been known to be a resource hog.

Do you really need that many tabs open constantly? If not, only keep open the pages you need and close the rest.

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Using 50-100 tabs is a lot for any computer, so you can explain it slowing down and hanging, as it requires a lot of CPU, memory and swap space (drive). You can also expect some fan noise and heat because it will work harder to keep up with demand.

What I suggest is that you clean the computer from any dust and gunk that might have accumulated, particularly around the air slots around the hinge. This will help with cooling a little bit :) And maybe use tab groups in Safari, as those are unloaded from memory when not the current group.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl