Too Soon??

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Alright, y'all...I'm thinking about 2018. Sorry!

So I was thinking about what this years potential release means for the following years.

Say Apple does announce and release three models this year. What does that mean for the next year? Will they continue with three models indefinitely? Or will they need to consolidate product lines going forward. If they do that, how will pricing work?

Imagine for a second, this year brings three models. Two "regular" models and one high end model. If the following year goes back to a typical release of two iPhones, surely they'll want/need to build on the high end model as to not make the next releases seem like lesser models.

Or do they let this years iPhone X (if that's what it's called) carve it's own path and be a distinct iPhone model in it's own right?

Obviously none of us have the answers and only time will tell. But now you know where my mind went this evening as we prepare for what Apple will show us tomorrow. Lol.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Investors won't want to give up the higher sale price. I hope they don't keep with the dated design for the current models next year. Tomorrow will be interesting.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I think that for next year, it’ll be the current iPhone X and a larger variant of it.. which will replace the regular iPhone and the iPhone Plus.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I think that for next year, it’ll be the current iPhone X and a larger variant of it.. which will replace the regular iPhone and the iPhone Plus.

Will they keep a third, expensive phone? If the keep the standard design again next year, everyone will try to buy a used X. Will they keep making the X for $100 less like they do their other models? Will we continue to see 4 phones out of the company known for making one phone for everyone? (Grabbing another Samsung idea that is better left to Samsung.)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

This is what I was thinking. But then what happens to the price? Maybe the cost to produce these models will drop. Otherwise, next year people will be paying a higher price for the iPhone which may rub people wrong. Especially those who opt for the less expensive iPhone this year.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
This is what I was thinking. But then what happens to the price? Maybe the cost to produce these models will drop. Otherwise, next year people will be paying a higher price for the iPhone which may rub people wrong. Especially those who opt for the less expensive iPhone this year.

It went up $50 this year. I wonder if it will do the same next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77