TiPb 32GB iPhone 3G S Give Away - Day Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorBenyack

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The reason I'd like to win the new iPhone isn't so much for the added features, but rather the added stability the extra ram will bring. I use several programs programs through jailbreaking that run in the background and inevitibly chew up some of the little ram that's left for programs to use. I get my fair share of lockups and crashes because of it. It would be extremely nice to be able to run those apps that give my phone so much extra functionality without have to sacrifice stability. If I could physically add more ram to my 3G, I'd already be set.

-Trevor

curtains

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Why?

I'm rocking the 1st gen iPhone and as much as I prefer the exterior (aluminum) and how the actual phone feels it's pretty clear that at&t is phasing out EDGE in favor of 3G. Maybe it's just where I live (Los Angeles), but I have had more dropped calls and No Service written across my screen more in the past 3 months than ever before. Definitely need he upgrade and hope TiPb can hook me up! Thanks guys!

m3lover1

Trusted Member
Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I would love to win the new iPhone 3G S so I can give it to my mom for her upcoming birthday gift. I gave my mom my iPhone 2G when I bought the 3G last year. As much as I would love the new camera and extra speed, I think it would be better if I kept my current 3G and give my mom the new 3G S so she can enjoy 3G speeds. Not cool to give her a "hand-me down" two years in a row!

Thanks!

Wesley

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have had the iPhone since Jan. 18, 2008 & still have the "old" phone. I've never updated to 3G & never saw a reason to, until now.
I would LOVE to have the video camera w/editing, the compass, the GPS w/voice directions, the extra storage, etc...
I LOVE my phone & never saw any reason to change, until now. With all the things I am beginning to do on Twitter & FB, the new 3G S can really take me to a new level.
Also, the enterprise applications really have me excited.
Peace,
Wesley Harris

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Looking to come from a FailBerry to a real device 5 years ahead of any device out there! TiPb team wanna help me out?! O yea I'm a ex-Mod of a certain BlackBerry site!;)

kmurphyj

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Going to France and need the 3g-s to link with classes back home

I got an iPhone 3G and have learned how to do some great things with it so I can link my study abroad group with classes back home while we're in France. We want to 'spread the wealth' of our experience with the students (friends and family, too) who couldn't come with us. We'll be acting like 'reporters' for the folks back home. We need the 3 GS video and good camera to hook our "Trails" and other geo-mapping apps. We also want to be able to Twitter, Blog, and Ning between us as we zoom around Paris, Giverny, Normandy, La Rochelle, Cognac and the Loire Valley:cool:

ivar5000

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Its all about the best

Well, here's why i want to win the iphone so bad .....
I live in India where apple has a contract with 2 carriers Airtel & Vodaphone. While the iphone is prices at 99, 199 & 399$ in the States, out here, it costs > 550 $ .. So its not really easy to buy the slickest phone on the market when you have to sell your kidney to pay for it :D ....
The brand, the look, the touchscreen, the updated features the apps ... Why on earth would anybody not get this phone??? Its simply the best !!!

cfroisland

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Why I want to upgrade

Besides the obvious reasons-early adopting, newest/fastest/best technology, etc. The biggest reason I want to upgrade to 3gs is because of the addition of the video recording. I'm a father of two-with twin boys on the way-and the way we keep in tough most with distant family is by texting pics/flicks. Since I switched to iPhone, I haven't been able to do that. I look forward to being apple to say brand loyal but also finally have all that I need in a mobile device. To be able to catch my twins on "film" at any time, edit it and send it to grandma and gramp is going to be awesome!

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I have had too many phones to name over the years. From Nokia to Palm to HTC to Motorola and Blackberry. Mostly Windows Mobile devices because they were the phones that I needed to accomplish my goals on a daily basis.

I tried to move back to a dumb phone from a smartphone only to be sucked back in due to software limitations on the dumb phones. I have always had an eye for Apple devices, but didn't want to make the plunge because of my needs for a PC.

I had owned a iPod Shuffle through Audible.com, but gave it to someone that needed it more than I. I also bought a 80GB iPod Video, but returned it due to I needed the money for emergency bills. So my affair with Apple had to be put on hold.

In February of this year, I bought a iPod Touch 32GB and loved it. Plenty of storage and the touch screen interface was a blessing. Most smartphones I have owned were touch screen interfaces. It also has some of the same features that my current Blackberry Bold does, but with the touch, and a bigger screen.

In April, my usage of the Touch became almost an obsession, as I had to have it with me all of the time alongside my Bold. I find myself using the Touch more than the Bold for contacts, internet (when in WiFi), games and typing documents. I even went out and purchased a Unibody MacBook to make the pairing complete. My next thought was an iPhone.

I was disappointed in AT&T, though, as I went in to talk about buying a 3G in May, and upgrading one of my family plan lines, which was only 2 months out (7/24). I was told that I could not upgrade to the 3G for the full upgrade rate, but rather, it would cost me $499. I was upset and told them to forget it, although, I was told that I could have any other phone in the store for the full upgrade price (???). Go Figure.

I decided to wait for the new hardware that was being rumored for release at the WWDC. Wow, a decent improvement over the 3G. I was glad I waited. Then I try again and check to see if AT&T was going to be gracious enough to let me slip in with the full upgrade price.......no luck. The 32GB for me would be the same $499 out the door.

I am trying to get an iPhone for my wife as well, and she won't be able to upgrade until September.

RyanFavre

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm still rocking the iPhone EDGE and didn't upgrade because i couldn't justify spending 600 bucks on a phone and only use it for a year. 2 years probably doesn't justify the original price tag either, but i'm looking forward to having a faster iphone. So i want to upgrade because of speed.

Bf2loser

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ehy ibwant an iPhone 3G S

I am tired if not having Internet on my old iPod, the main reason I want a 3GS is for the Internet everywhere!!!

connorcorneil

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I want a iPhone 3Gs because i am always jelous of people that have them and would do about anything for one. I dont need one but i would like one. Right now i have a blackberry and i hate it. Would love to make this my first iphone and even my first smart phone that is new and 3G. Thanks!

MikeyKay

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
A little back history:

I read in the newspaper, the USA Today that Apple was going to release a phone, scheduled to be released in June of 2007. At that time, I was a student, and was working at a pizza style family restaurant waiting tables. The restaurant was quickly going down the tube, but I was loyal, I had been working there for 8 years. I wasn't making much money, about $800 a month, and I had tuition, car payments, insurance, and a lot of credit card debt.

But I wanted that phone so bad, I saved my cash for 5 months. and the day the iPhone first came out, I marched into the AT&T store, and proudly handed them $500 CASH for my first generation 8gb iphone. I am a proud mac fanatic.

Then the 3g came out, and I wanted to upgrade right away. I was working for a hotel doing customer service, very unhappy, trying to get back into school but I was drowning in debt. I figured I was going to wait until January or February of 2009 and use my tax refund to buy the iPhone 3g. Then in November of 2008 I lost my job, and my i thought my dream of getting the 3g went away.

But I sold my DVDs, my TV-on-DVD Box sets, etc and saved money, and in March of 2009 I bought the 3g. And I gave my first generation iPhone to my best friend Nichole.

Im still unemployed, the economy is so bad I can't find a job right now. When I found out about the 3g S I could have kicked myself because I signed a new contract on a refurbished 3G.

I want to upgrade to the 3G S because I want to pay it forward. I want to give my 3G iPhone to my best friend because she deserves it, she's been going through some serious medical issues, and is a wonderful person.

Goertzl

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3GS

I am a satisfied iPhone 3G owner. I upgraded to my iPhone about 4 months ago. Although the iPhone 3GS would be amazing, there is only one reason I would want to upgrade at this point. My Girlfriend and I have been dating three years on June 26. She went the with a zero dollar phone on her plan. :eek: Well of course for the year she has had that old samsung its been nothing but trouble. She snags my iPhone any chance she can get to play games, go for runs, and what have you. If I were given the chance to upgrade, I would give the new 3GS to my loving girlfriend for our anniversary. Not only making her the happiest girl in the world, but finally letting me have MY iPhone to myself! :D

Shleepy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I want to replace my brick of a flip phone

So my current cell phone is a sanyo m-1 that I bought over 2 years ago as a student in college. I bought it for like $250 which was a lot for a cell phone back then. I was going to buy a new cell phone a year later but I ran into medical problems which meant the money I had went to bigger priorities than a cell phone. I graduated college and still am paying off loans and medical bills so again the money I'm making is going to "better" things. I would just like an upgrade to this phone that keeps freezing and drops all my calls.

Thanks!

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
the #1 reason I want a new 3GS because I want to give my current 3G to my dad who doesn't have the money to go out and buy one since his car broke down last month and he had to buy a new one (2001 Ford Windstar) with wheelchair accessibility for my mom.

b7andit

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Vids are better than Pics

With the 3G I can only take Pics, so my kids won't know what they look like when they move. If I had a 3GS, I could take videos of them.

Plus, I could show it off to my dad.

liadercher23

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so when the first iphone came about I waited about one month then I had to have it, even though I would have to switch companies. So, I paid around $500 for the iphone and $200 to break my contract and go with AT&T. I have had to take my first iphone back twice to have them replace the battery for dying to fast. When the new 3g phone came out I had no intention to get one. In December of 2008 my mother put her chair on top of my purse and the next day when I checked my phone, the glass cracked so I had to shell out $300 to get a new phone. The apple guy said that I would have to pay about $400 to get my screen fixed because I had no insurance on it and it would be worth more to just get a new phone instead to fixing the old one. When I had to get my new iphone even though I was eligible for an up grade I still had to pay a lot for a new phone $300 or so. Now that Apple had the new 3GS out wish I could up grade to that new one for all new features (video, faster, better battery) but I could not use my cracked iphone and pick glass out of my face every time I use it. So I would love to upgrade but because I had to upgrade and get the 3g for a broken phone, I am now stuck. So I say thanks a lot Apple, AT&T and Mom. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.