Time Zone Changing at Work

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
When I'm at home, my time zone is correct (Cupertino), but when I go to work, 60 miles away, it switches to Phoenix. I've manually switched it back to Cupertino, when I turn auto back on, it goes back to Phoenix. At the moment, this isn't a problem, but when Daylight Savings Time ends, the time will be different (Arizona doesn't follow DST, but we do here in Nevada). When I'm at home, I'm on the Sprint network, but when I'm at work I'm roaming on Verizon. I checked someone else's iPhone on Verizon, and it said Cupertino. Any ideas what's going on here and what I can do about it? I don't want to do a reset for many reasons, but not the least of which is that the problem only occurs while at work, so I tend to think the problem isn't with my phone. If the problem is with Verizon, they won't talk to me since I'm a Sprint customer. I could mention it to Sprint, and they'll investigate, but if it turns out to be a Verizon issue, Verizon won't do anything about it (I've been through this before with other issues).

Stumped!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try Settings>> Privacy>> Location Services>> System Services>> Setting Time Zone >> switch to off

If that's not helping, try:

Settings>> General>> Date & Time>> Set Automatically - turn switch to Off - you phone is fetching time from cell towers when 'on'

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Try Settings>> Privacy>> Location Services>> System Services>> Setting Time Zone >> switch to off

If that's not helping, try:

Settings>> General>> Date & Time>> Set Automatically - turn switch to Off - you phone is fetching time from cell towers when 'on'

Both of those allow me to set it back to Cupertino, but when I turn them back on I end up in Phoenix again a few minutes later.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Won't that allow my time on the phone to become inaccurate?

I'm not sure how accurate autonomous timekeeping is on an iPhone... it could, over time, become asynchronous when compared to the cell network... experimentation, observation and time will tell...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1