This man's wife found his 'deleted' iPhone messages on the family iMac, now he's suing Apple over his divorce

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Soooooo, it’s Apple’s fault he got caught cheating, and if it weren’t for Apple, he’d still be married and his infidelity would remain hidden. WOW!

Apple did not cause him to almost have a heart attack or a panic attack, but I’m sure the realization of his actions and the apparent consequences did.

Reactions: Annie_M and FFR

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He probably shouldn’t have logged iMessages into the family computer

Yep, but he should have known at some point he would be caught.

Now that I’m thinking about it, who in their right mind would make such a matter public and further embarrassing one’s self and family? Who would readily make it known that he has been knowingly committing adultery in such a manner for quite some time.

Is that what really happened or is this a get rich quick scheme and Apple is the target?

Reactions: FFR and Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is ridiculous! It reminds me of the person who sued McDonalds because the coffee was too hot! And, this is another case of people having no accountability.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep, but he should have known at some point he would be caught.

Now that I’m thinking about it, who in their right mind would make such a matter public and further embarrassing one’s self and family? Who would readily make it known that he has been knowingly committing adultery in such a manner for quite some time.

Is that what really happened or is this a get rich quick scheme and Apple is the target?

The article mentioned the iMessage data on the family computer was going back years , I wonder why his wife didn’t open the app sooner.

On publicizing the matter, he believed he will garner sympathy, because in his mind was not the one at fault it was Apple.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The article mentioned the iMessage data on the family computer was going back years , I wonder why his wife didn’t open the app sooner.

On publicizing the matter, he believed he will garner sympathy, because in his mind was not the one at fault it was Apple.

Sympathy? Not from me, but then again, I’m old school. If the guy is under 40, I’d be like - Dude why did you even get married? Nobody is feeling sorry for you. Now that’s you’re divorced or soon will be, you can freely go about your fun with the ladies of the evening.

If the person is over 40, I’d be like: Dude. Seriously? You risked everything on some fantasy rides? What the heck is wrong with you? Your name is trash and you’ll probably have to leave the country to find a woman who’ll take a chance on you. Was it worth it?

Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sympathy? Not from me, but then again, I’m old school. If the guy is under 40, I’d be like - Dude why did you even get married? Nobody is feeling sorry for you. Now that’s you’re divorced or soon will be, you can freely go about your fun with the ladies of the evening.

If the person is over 40, I’d be like: Dude. Seriously? You risked everything on some fantasy rides? What the heck is wrong with you? Your name is trash and you’ll probably have to leave the country to find a woman who’ll take a chance on you. Was it worth it?

He risked it for multiple fantasy rides going back years.

Doesn’t sound like he loved his wife or his family.

With this lawsuit on search results don’t think he will find anyone else anywhere in the world unless he changes his name.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He risked it for multiple fantasy rides going back years.

Doesn’t sound like he loved his wife or his family.

With this lawsuit on search results don’t think he will find anyone else anywhere in the world unless he changes his name.

Look, in my younger days I was chasing skirts all over the place. However, at some point you have to grow up and you can’t have them all. Pick one who loves you unconditionally and love her likewise.

Maybe this is his wake-up call to grow up. Time will tell.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Look, in my younger days I was chasing skirts all over the place. However, at some point you have to grow up and you can’t have them all. Pick one who loves you unconditionally and love her likewise.

Maybe this is his wake-up call to grow up. Time will tell.

True, we all were.

But once married it’s a different story, he shouldn’t have gotten married if he wasn’t ready to commit.

Years of cheating on your wife with multiple prostitutes is kind of messed up. He should have just gotten a divorce, instead of signing on his iMessage account to the family computer.

Don’t think it’s much of a wake-call, he obviously doesn’t want to take accountability or responsibility for his actions.

dfflick

Jun 14, 2024
Visit site
This is ridiculous! It reminds me of the person who sued McDonalds because the coffee was too hot! And, this is another case of people having no accountability.
And she won, because they were able to prove that McDonald's was negligent by forcing franchisees to maintain coffee at too high of a temperature. That lawsuit was anything but frivolous and the right party was held accountable. Liebeck vs McDonald's (1994)

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
And she won, because they were able to prove that McDonald's was negligent by forcing franchisees to maintain coffee at too high of a temperature. That lawsuit was anything but frivolous and the right party was held accountable. Liebeck vs McDonald's (1994)

I was going to reply to this too, I think that they microwaved the coffee so that the cup got hot too, to maintain the coffee temperature. This was a righteous case.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
He probably shouldn’t have logged iMessages into the family computer

This brings up an interesting question.

And let me add that my wife knows my passcode (and I hers).

If you have iMessages set to sync on all devices, let me ask this.

If you and another person share a Mac and you log in with separate Apple ID’s, will your iMessages sync if you’re not logged into the Mac? I don’t think it will but wanted to ask anyway.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This brings up an interesting question.

And let me add that my wife knows my passcode (and I hers).

If you have iMessages set to sync on all devices, let me ask this.

If you and another person share a Mac and you log in with separate Apple ID’s, will your iMessages sync if you’re not logged into the Mac? I don’t think it will but wanted to ask anyway.

Excellent question. I’d like to think that they don’t, but I can’t say for certain. I suspect if you login and then switch accounts without logging off, I would think messages would continue to sync, but again, I’m only speculating.