This is going to be my first iPhone and....

Are you bursting to get the new rumored iPhone?

• YES YES YES!!!!

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • .....Its just another iPhone....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got my iPhone 3g to soon and I can't upgrade yet.....darn it

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No, I love my 3g I'll just wait for my upgrade

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
May 18, 2009
Visit site
I can't contain myself!!!!

So here's the skinny;

My fianc? and I are going to be getting new phones here soon and getting off our parents cell phone plans. I honestly never thought I would have an iPhone and I was going to be perfectly content with a 3g until I started doing research and I found this site.

I was all set to get my iPhone 3g I picked out a case and everything! Good thing I didn't buy any of it.

Now I'm waiting. I have a ton of new apps waiting to be downloaded (that are iphone only), I've watched a video walk-through on the 3.0 firmware and I'm ready.

I'm about to burst out of my skin! I'm hopeing the release it the week of my vacation July 19th-25th so I can camp out and wait for it.

I just needed to post this to see if anyone else is in the same boat as me. :D

jewelz

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I would LOVE to get a new iphone (if there is one) but I just received the 3g free through my company and dont want to carry 2 iphones at the same time.

If the new iphone is as good or better than the 3g, you and your fiance will love it!!

Happy Waiting, its worth it! :)

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Yeah I'm not so much into the camping out for the phone, but I will definitely be spending some hard-earned dollars on it! I'm sure you and your love will enjoy your new iPhones!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I like to camp out for phones. I like doing that kind of stuff, not because I'm insane, I just honestly think it's fun. Last time my brother, girlfriend and I went to the Apple store in Woodfield Mall (schaumburg, IL) we got there around 8pm and we were the 4th ppl there. It started raining, and it dawned on us, we didn't bring chairs and they didn't let us in the mall til 7am, haha Well...2 of us went to walmart and got milk crates to sit on cause they were cheaper than 30$ folding chairs we would probably never use again considering I had 3 at home already. Nonetheless, all the people in line were great, more started coming around 10 and 11, and we all had a blast talking about iphones and poker and other random stuff. It was definitely a cool experience.

There's actually videos some guy took and put on youtube from the launch w/ interviews of ppl in line (we didn't, apparently i looked too busy reading harry potter :p) but you can kind of see us in some of them, my brother's standing up and I'm sitting on the ground reading and I think the girlfriend was about ready to pass out come 7am, ha

Part 1:
YouTube - iPhone 3G Launch Day pt. 1

Part 2:
YouTube - iPhone 3G Launch day pt. 2

Part 3:
YouTube - iPhone 3G Launch day pt. 3 -Activate Me!

I didn't vote though because I think this year it will depend on if we really like the new ones enough to upgrade. If it's just a different casing with a glowing apple and added video, we can wait until we're eligible, unless they allow exceptions or the prices are decent. I'm sure we could fetch a fair amount for our current 3Gs.

Pretty soon we'll have to start some iDay meetup threads :p

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I don't know about bursting, but I am highly excited... lol.

Change the bursting word. Hah.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I think what I'm going to have to do is I'm going to camp out at my at&t store for it. I live in a small town so I don't think there are going to be that many people, granted i've gone to other releases in this town and I was surprised at the amount of people

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure I'll be getting it if the changes are not drastic enough.. I still love the white one I have right now.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I just got mine last December, so with the upgrade of 3.0, unless there is a significant difference (I mean a real "game changer") and AT&T has a VERY good Promo. I will wait for my upgrade.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
This is going to be my first iPhone, so yeah I'm pretty excited. I'm buying out of my contract at a local Wireless company just for it.

SuperTrouper

Jun 1, 2009
www.twitter.com
I was in a similar position recently. I was planning to wait till WWDC to purchase an iPhone in the hopes of seeing the new version announced. But I just couldn't take the wait in the end and broke down and bought a 3G.

Unless there are significant battery life improvements with the new one I'm not going to be terribly upset.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad