The 2022 iPhone SE 3 goes up against Google's Pixel 5a

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
"The Apple iPhone SE 2022 will be released tonight, ushering in a new era of ‘cheap’ iPhones around the world. The iPhone SE, which is made in the United States, is aimed towards underdeveloped countries"

That’s great! More sales!
Thank you for pointing out this important information and helping people make informed choices. This way, people in underdeveloped countries will have a safer devise to use than a Pixel. You are a true humanitarian.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
That’s great! More sales!
Thank you for pointing out this important information and helping people make informed choices. This way, people in underdeveloped countries will have a safer devise to use than a Pixel. You are a true humanitarian.
“The iPhone SE really caters well to a lot of first-time buyers on the iPhone ecosystem that may be younger individuals,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something? Apple makes several iPhone models and one of them is the iPhone SE and you can best believe someone will buy it wherever it is sold.

With that being said, EVERY iPhone model tends to get compared to an Android smartphone. It’s what tech writers and consumer advocates do. Many of them have a “you decide which is better for you” approach whereas others will make an attempt to decide for you.

The iPhone has been viewed as a premium device from the start and bloggers, analysts, and investors have all at one point or another opined that Apple should create a less expensive iPhone.

DEman19901 for a writer to state the iPhone SE is “for broke people…”, he or she is arguably admitting they don’t want Apple producing a less costly iPhone model. They are also admitting the iPhone is indeed a premium device. Additionally, they are disrespectful of the people who opt to buy an iPhone SE….in my opinion.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The question is why someone is being allowed to be disrespectful, like the links he posts, on this thread. Why that someone doesn’t allow people to decide for themselves what phone they want to purchase with their money. Why they continue to mock those less fortunate. Can anyone answer that question?

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something? Apple makes several iPhone models and one of them is the iPhone SE and you can beat believe someone will buy it wherever it is sold.

With that being said, EVERY iPhone model tends to get compared to an Android smartphone. It’s what tech writers and consumer advocates do. Many of them have a you decide which is better for you approach whereas others will make an attempt to decide for you.

The iPhone has been viewed as a premium device from the start and bloggers, analysts, and investors have all at one point or another opined that Apple should create a less expensive iPhone.

DEman19901 for a writer to state the iPhone SE is “for broke people…”, he or she is arguably admitting they don’t want Apple producing a less costly iPhone model. They are also admitting the iPhone is indeed a premium device. Additionally, they are disrespectful of the people who opt to buy an iPhone SE….in my opinion.
By
Analysts expect the budget iPhone to sell particularly well, especially in developing countries where some of Apple’s other iPhones are deemed to be too expensive.
They added that the third generation SE could help Apple to gain incremental share among price-sensitive consumers, especially in Asia.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/09/apples-budget-5g-iphone-se-expected-to-outperform-in-asia.html

Let me rephrase that. Not broke but poor. It is marketed towards poor people by Apple's own admisstion. Low income is a PC way of saying poor.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
By
Analysts expect the budget iPhone to sell particularly well, especially in developing countries where some of Apple’s other iPhones are deemed to be too expensive.
They added that the third generation SE could help Apple to gain incremental share among price-sensitive consumers, especially in Asia.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/09/apples-budget-5g-iphone-se-expected-to-outperform-in-asia.html

Let me rephrase that. Not broke but poor. It is marketed towards poor people by Apple's own admisstion. Low income is a PC way of saying poor.

You know what’s hilarious? That the iPhone SE 2022 will outsell the Pixel line even though it’s supposedly only marketed to “poor” people!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Some of the most “price-sensitive” people I personally know are millionaires. Each one of them can afford the flagship model with the highest storage space, but they’re about being practical.

With that being said, I too expect the iPhone SE to sell well and analysts could very well be spot on with regard to developing countries. I hope so. It would prove their desire to own an iPhone.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
ae9beee5ca90913a6cede843f2ea1e19.webp

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Some of the most “price-sensitive” people I personally know are millionaires. Each one of them can afford the flagship model with the highest storage space, but they about being practical.

With that being said, I too expect the iPhone SE to sell well and analysts could very well be spot on with regard to developing countries. I hope so. It would prove their desire to own an iPhone.

That’s what’s funny about this whole thing. I can afford any iPhone I want and it wouldn’t put a dent in my wallet. Maybe the reason I am in the position I am is because I have been price conscious of what I purchase and don’t throw away money on things I don’t need. It allows me to enjoy a life that many cannot and I am thankful for that.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That’s what’s funny about this whole thing. I can afford any iPhone I want and it wouldn’t put a dent in my wallet. Maybe the reason I am in the position I am is because I have been price conscious of what I purchase and don’t throw away money on things I don’t need. It allows me to enjoy a life that many cannot and I am thankful for that.

I hear ya.

The average person doesn’t look at someone with an iPhone SE and see cheap. They see another iPhone.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Some of the most “price-sensitive” people I personally know are millionaires. Each one of them can afford the flagship model with the highest storage space, but they’re about being practical.

Apple's iPhone SE is currently priced at $399. CFRA Research analyst Angelo Zino said Apple could attract more price-sensitive consumers if the price remains the same for the new version."
Big bezels
Low Resolution Screen
No Night mode
Shorter battery life than other iPhone

Now why would you sacrifice these things unless you had to?

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya.

The average person doesn’t look at someone with an iPhone SE and see cheap. They see another iPhone.

I am just pointed out that Apple is marketing the SE to toward people with low income. Their words not mine. With that being said, I can't recall the last time I've sen a person still using on iPhone with a physical home button.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple's iPhone SE is currently priced at $399. CFRA Research analyst Angelo Zino said Apple could attract more price-sensitive consumers if the price remains the same for the new version."
Big bezels
Low Resolution Screen
No Night mode
Shorter battery life than other iPhone

Now why would you sacrifice these things unless you had to?

If you’re referring to the purchaser, several factors could be the reason they choose the iPhone SE. Two of them are listed below.

1. They don’t care about the things you mentioned.
2. They simply want an iPhone, but only at a certain price point.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
If you’re referring to the purchaser, several factors could be the reason they choose the iPhone SE. Two of them are listed below.

The fact is, Apple brought back the iphone Se in 2020 due to give the people hit during the Pandemic a low cost option. The primary reason for the SE as stated by Apple is for low income people mainly in developing countries. If you have a problem with that, feel free to contact Apple. I am just the messenger. Apple has stated this in conferences with investors. So my question is, what's the Problem? I am just stating stating what Apple has stated many times before.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Pretty simple to understand.

I own a Subaru Forester because I live in the NE USA and….snow. I need to get to work at the hospital even on bad days. Could I buy a Hummer? Sure, but why? The Subie has never failed me. Spending more to show off would both be a waste of money and something I don’t believe in.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am just pointed out that Apple is marketing the SE to toward people with low income. Their words not mine.
I don’t have a problem with that. I do have an issue with a mindset that the iPhone SE is only for people with low income or only people with little money are interested in it and thats what I gathered from your post, although you didn’t actually say it.
With that being said, I can't recall the last time I've sen a person still using on iPhone with a physical home button.
I’m in the office 3 days a week and on those days, I see iPhones with a home button. iPhones are everywhere here in Orlando.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I don’t have a problem with that. I do have an issue with a mindset that the iPhone SE is only for people with low income or only people with little money are interested in it and thats what I gathered from your post, although you didn’t actually say it. I’m in the office 3 days a week and on those days, I see iPhones with a home button. iPhones are everywhere here in Orlando.

You must work with a lot of poor people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmb87