Tell you what I'm going to do...

ziffos

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the iPad when the screen on my Tablet PC broke and I needed a replacement quick. The iPad is not a Tablet PC and I Struggled with note taking at first, but having the all-day battery life was a big sale for me. Since then I have been able to turn my iPad into the ultimate thin client. It is awesome as a tablet and with Remote Desktop and a Bluetooth keyboard I just log into my desktop when I need more capability. Not the full experience of a-laptop, but sufficient for my needs.

I agree 100% with what you say and believe as I found exactly the same. The only difference is that I use Splashtop for connecting to my PC.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
At first I was the same way when I got my first gen iPad. However very quickly found it to be very useful, and very quickly went from carrying my MacBook everywhere to only carrying the iPad. I currently work as a service desk technician and I can remote into my clients to resolve issues, as well as create my service desk cases all from my iPad. For someone to say that the iPad is just a bigger iPhone has not taken the time to delve deep enough to find its niche in their life </rant>

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For me, I LOVE the iPad and dislike my iPhone. Way to small. I do almost everything from the iPad...modifying construction plans, using pdf's, movies, sign language stuff...etc.

My iPhone is more useless than the pad...

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
To me, the value of having any mobile device is just the ability to get simple information quickly. This may include checking my email, sports scores, or loading up Twitter. While I have tons of paid and free apps and games, this probably constitutes 80% of my use of the device.

For that reason, I have used our iPad 2 quite a bit less since we finally got iPhones last month. However, my wife is more of a "browser", and she uses apps like Catalouge and websites for other shopping sites (mostly just to look), which just function better on the iPad. For her, the iPad really is a desktop computer replacement. And if we ever travel anywhere, it would be infinitely more useful as a media viewer than trying to replicate that on a 3.5" iPhone.

If I had to keep one or the other, it would obviously be the iPhone. I think most people would agree with that. It does basically everything the iPad does, plus it's infinitely more portable, and the GPS ability ties into the usefulness of many of the apps.

But the iPad also does BETTER a lot of the things that they both do...and the best example of that is viewing magazines or reading news content.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup