Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So the tapatalk app isn't playing nice with imore for the last few days... The forums don't load correctly, specifically for me, the jailbreak forum won't load, not any of the comments or topics I have made in those forums...
Has this been happening to other users?
Any idea or timeframe on a fix??

samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
It's working fine for me, in fact, I'm using it to post this message.

Try Deleting and re-installing the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So the tapatalk app isn't playing nice with imore for the last few days... The forums don't load correctly, specifically for me, the jailbreak forum won't load, not any of the comments or topics I have made in those forums...
Has this been happening to other users?
Any idea or timeframe on a fix??

Something is not right with it. The forums are loading just fine with the Tapatalk app and I'm able to post as well as receive push notifications, however, after I post a reply, it does not always appear after I refresh like before. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with its cloud sync feature. I think I'm going to disable it and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't see the jailbreak forums through tapatalk either. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you know which sites this is also happening on?

Almost a year ago I posted on a site called EiC and the JB section wasn't viewable in Tapatalk (haven't been back there so I don't know if it has been fixed or not). Macrumors, however, I've been informed that the JB is under iOS hacking and is viewable. The JB section on iPadforums.net is now viewable as it is now under the hacking section...... I think that is the answer here, the JB section on iMore needs to be renamed iOS hacking, as that would probably allow it to get past Apple if this is what is going on.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Almost a year ago I posted on a site called EiC and the JB section wasn't viewable in Tapatalk (haven't been back there so I don't know if it has been fixed or not). Macrumors, however, I've been informed that the JB is under iOS hacking and is viewable. The JB section on iPadforums.net is now viewable as it is now under the hacking section...... I think that is the answer here, the JB section on iMore needs to be renamed iOS hacking, as that would probably allow it to get past Apple if this is what is going on.

Interesting. I wonder if it is as simple as that. It's such an odd development.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
3cit
Has tapatalk been forced to hide the jailbreak sections of the forums that support tapatalk use?

example,
i use iMore (formerly tipb) and i cannot access the jailbreak section of that forum any more using tapatalk. the rest of the forum is open and accessible but everything having to do with the jailbreak section is missing
3cit, Yesterday at 3:07 AM #1

boggseric
That sounds like something the forum admin configured. You may want to ask them.
boggseric, Yesterday at 9:19 PM #2

winter
Tapatalk Master
If you mean sub-forum - the forum owner has ability to control it. You may want to ask them as we do not have the control to hide the sub-forums of any forum.
winter, Yesterday at 10:21 PM #3

That is all from tapatalks support forum, it appears that the "master" winter is claiming that tapatalk does not have the ability to hide forums!

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So here is a response I got from the tapatalk developers.

"iMore forum seems have set this subforums hidden in iMore App. Otherwise iMore App will be rejected by Apple Store."

Not sure whether that means Apple has cracked down on "jailbreak" forums but it sounds like it. Oddly enough jailbreak is accepted on autocorrect. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So here is a response I got from the tapatalk developers.

"iMore forum seems have set this subforums hidden in iMore App. Otherwise iMore App will be rejected by Apple Store."

Not sure whether that means Apple has cracked down on "jailbreak" forums but it sounds like it. Oddly enough jailbreak is accepted on autocorrect. :)

This was what I got as well. I've seen this before over a year ago on another forum that had Tapatalk and their own app. Not much that can be done about it except for maybe a subforum name change.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1