Sound Problem

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok this is the problem my sound will not work for notifications, CNN sounds will not work..same for MSNBC the vid will play but no sound. No notifications for email either.

Now I have sounds enabled in the settings, What is up with this ..Need some help!

Thanks in Advance!

Dixie

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok in settings go to bottom find the apps that have no sound select them see if notification r enabled in there as well as notification in the top of the main settings is turned on as well

Reactions: kumkum01

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Did it no help....also all notifications are on. When I put in my headphones the sound for the bids on CNN and msnbc work. When I pull the hp out it goes dead again camn try that for mt email notifications or the typing sound does not work also Vy strange

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try hooking to iTunes n do a restore see if reloading the software helps .. Or maybe set the side switch back off on rotation lock n see if by turning it on or off makes a diff ?

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I will try in this morning and keep you posted. I got these at Best Buy I dont think theat they are capable of determing the problem. I wonder what apple will do if I bring it to them???

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I will try in this morning and keep you posted. I got these at Best Buy I dont think theat they are capable of determing the problem. I wonder what apple will do if I bring it to them???

Apple will support them and replace them no matter where you got them

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I searched and found in the Mac forum there were many people with the same problem. The bottom line on the fix is that you have to have the mute button checked in settings not the auto rotate lock. Changed it and all is well it seems to be a bug.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I searched and found in the Mac forum there were many people with the same problem. The bottom line on the fix is that you have to have the mute button checked in settings not the auto rotate lock. Changed it and all is well it seems to be a bug.

I find that Strange unless the software is older than mine my iPad has 4.3.3 have set to rotate lock with no issue I do have a wifi only version but if it was a software glitch wouldn't it be on all iPads with that version ?

Reactions: dixie dregs

love2drive335

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my sound was acting a bit odd the past couple days as well, but nothing definitive until tonight. I downloaded BF2 and when I ran it, I had no sound, no matter how much I fiddled with the volume controls.

After browsing through this thread, I went into my settings, checked the switch to toggle Mute instead of Rotation lock, then toggled the physical switch a couple times. Went back into settings and re-checked rotation lock (as I had it before), and now my sound is back like normal. Just my .02

iPad 2 64Gb 3G with iOS 4.3

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151