Some questions for iPhone 6 plus owners.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
That would be the plus. I get excited thinking about what experiences can come from that screen size. I basically want a pocket computer, not a phone.

Sounds like you've made your decision. :) Plus, if you find out it really isn't for you, you can get a 6 relatively easily

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
1. The size is perfect, at first you'll find it intimidating but you'll end up loving it.
2. These is no visual stutters our issues. The screen looks crisp and better than the 5s
3. It depends on what type of pants tippy wear,i west chinos, skinny jeans. It sticks out a little bit in pants but nothing to annoying since its thin.

I love my 6 plus couldn't go back

I wish it was that easy for me - phone is amazing but the size of the phone isn't 100% with me yet .

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
1. Coming from a 5S it's a pretty large device... I've been calling it a mini iPad mini lol but I'm getting acclimated to it.. but its BIG lol

2. I haven't had any stutters but you can see some "fuzziness" but nothing that won't be fixed once apps are updated

3. It's not a device that will be in my front pocket very much, not until lifeproof releases their cases, for now it's a hand phone or in a cargo short pocket

4. I'd definitely buy it again, if I find out in time it's too large, when the 6S is released next year with the Plus I'll drop down a size but I don't think that will happen, I love the added landscape features plus OIS ...

If that's all you do and don't make calls that much, I think you'll be happy with your choice... I know if I make any calls it's gonna be handsfree in all my cars so thats not much of an issue or use the buds and keep it pocketed or on my lap

So, now that the phone has been out for a week, I had some questions for users of the phone for the past week:

1. Do you find the size too much? How have you adapted how you carry, use, and handle the phone?

2. I know theres been some concern over the 3X resolution as compared to the 2X resolution of how past iPhones were. Is there any noticeable visual stutters or shimmering?

3. How do you find it fits in the pocket? Too tight? Just right?

4. If given the choice again, would you choose the plus over the 6 again?

I'm still trying to decide between the two personally. I use my phone for video viewing, gaming, audio listening, web browsing, and text reading.

Really, I don't make many phone calls, it's pretty much all texting.

So saying that, I thought maybe the plus would be better for me. But I'm still concerned about the portability of it. If I never left my house with it, it may not be a issue. But I still need to carry it around and in my pocket.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, now that the phone has been out for a week, I had some questions for users of the phone for the past week:

1. Do you find the size too much? How have you adapted how you carry, use, and handle the phone?

2. I know theres been some concern over the 3X resolution as compared to the 2X resolution of how past iPhones were. Is there any noticeable visual stutters or shimmering?

I'm still trying to decide between the two personally. I use my phone for video viewing, gaming, audio listening, web browsing, and text reading.

So saying that, I thought maybe the plus would be better for me. But I'm still concerned about the portability of it. If I never left my house with it, it may not be a issue. But I still need to carry it around and in my pocket.

The 6 Plus is such a great device, I use my phone for the same basic reasons you use it and it's awesome
Fits great in pockets, and it's not awkward or uncomfortable to hold

And given the chance, I'd still pick the 6 Plus

Actually can't wait for the next gen 5.5" device
Gonna be much better

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm a 6 owner as of right now but I made that stupid mistake by not preordering both. I went to the Apple Store Thursday and I fell in love with the 6+. It's not too big to me; actually it's just right. My 6 felt small after only playing with the 6+ for 15 minutes. The screen is beautiful, battery is a no brainer and compared to the 6, the 6 is another 5s. I've owned phablets before and I never thought that I could go back but the 6+ is very comfortable. I'm a heavy user that loves having the extra battery life (I hate going to the charger); and the bigger screen for games (which I love to play on my phones but stopped because the iPhone was way too small for gaming) and also for watching videos which I love to do on my other phablets but hated it on my iPhone.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually hate that I didn't order the 6+ instead of the 6! I even told the rep 6+ on preorder day but changed it, silly girl.

4b0e42358c65604d90605e51a4a6c470.jpg

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely say go with the Plus. I bought a 6 on launch weekend. Absolutely loved it, but the battery life wasn't much better than my old 5.

The Plus just keeps going, and going, and going. I don't have to worry about plugging it in, and the display is easily one of the best I have ever used on a smartphone.

You get used to the size. The only thing I want is a Space Grey 128. I have a 64GB Silver right now.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I am a 6 owner and my friend just got the 128 GB plus and I am super envious! I'm seriously contemplating returning my 6 and going for the Plus. I didn't find it big at all but many would, that's fine. I was really impressed at how nice it felt in the hand in spite of its size. It looks big but never felt too big when I handled it. The screen is just fantastic on it and while it's great to have a larger screen on my regular 6 it was even better on the plus. The only issue for me is price. The plus is not cheap by any means but you're getting a great value. Still I'm trying to stick to my personal budget and not go over. But if you have the cash, go for it. I loved it.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the six and LOVE it just got it no looking back in fact I put it next to the note 2 & very similar and about size of s5... Plenty big enough I have the iPad and mini if I need bigger. I think the plus is perfect if you don't use the iPad

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

I have the 6plus and love it. I don't find the size too much. But I am 6.6 and 210lbs and have fairly large hands. Someone with smaller hands I could definitely see how this phone could be too much for them. I have been waiting forever for a larger screened iPhone and was always jealous when I'd see people with larger screened phones because I always found iPhones too small but have owned every model ever made. I would without a doubt choose the 6plus again, but I will say that I don't think its for everyone. I got my wife the 6 and there is no way she could handle the 6plus as the 6 is just about the perfect size for her (she is petite with small hands). I love the keyboard on the 6plus and because I'm so much more accurate on it I've stuck with the default keyboard. Before I got it I started using SwiftKey on my 5S because I made so many mistakes on the iPhone keyboard. I'm so much more accurate on the 6plus with the larger keys. I would say go to a store if you can and try it before you buy because it is fairly large but to me its the perfect size. Oh and it fits in my pocket perfectly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2