Some General JB Questions

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
1) If I get an unlocked iphone direct from Apple and decide to JB do I need to have the sim in the phone or not during the JB process?

2) Also, will it stay unlocked after JB'ing? (I'm guessing it will but need to be sure).

3) If my new phone comes with an earlier IOS to 6.1.2 can I update it to 6.1.2 instead of 6.1.3 anyhow?

4) I'm lost with this Activation and Hacktivation thing. If I put my sim card in and activate it (though I'm not sure what that means) does it mean I can't use a different sim at a later date even though the handset is unlocked?

Thanks ;)

Last edited:

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
1. Not sure about that one. I had a sim card in there when JBing. It won't matter since your unit is factory unlocked.

2. As long as it's a factory unlocked unit, you won't lose your JB.

3. No

4. As long as it's a factory unlocked unit, you will be able to use any GSM carrier (I assume you have a GSM unit) regardless of how you activate the phone.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You do need to have the sim as the phone must be unlocked for evasi0n to do its thing.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Your 4th question doesn't really apply to you.

Hacktivation is designed for people that have GSM phones but lack a sim-card for the phone. You can only make emergency calls with a phone that isn't activated. You can't even get to the main page to play with apps or treat it as an ipod. The hacktivation bypasses this requirement allowing you to both use your device and jailbreak it.

If you're buying the full priced unlocked iPhone from Apple, I can only assume you have a provider and a sim card. You won't need hacktivation.

Laeli covered the first and Rx handled the rest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2