Some apps on phone not available for watch?

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I just got my S3 Apple Watch today, and when going through setup, opted to install apps manually instead of having them mirrored from my phone. I have the NY Times app on my phone, but it doesn't show up as an available app to install on my watch. I don't see it in the Watch app on my iPhone nor do i see it in the Watch App Store.

Do I need to setup my watch again via full reset, or is there a way to retroactively mirror/synch all apps?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I just got my S3 Apple Watch today, and when going through setup, opted to install apps manually instead of having them mirrored from my phone. I have the NY Times app on my phone, but it doesn't show up as an available app to install on my watch. I don't see it in the Watch app on my iPhone nor do i see it in the Watch App Store.

Do I need to setup my watch again via full reset, or is there a way to retroactively mirror/synch all apps?

I am not seeing a New York Times Watch app in the App Store. It would be up to the New York Times to create a Watch app, if they wanted to. I am showing a New York Times iPhone and iPad app.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It's weird, coz when I Google for "NY Times Apple watch app" I get some hits. The app even appeared on a "best apps list for 2020" https://www.igeeksblog.com/best-apple-watch-news-apps/

I suppose it could've been removed/no longer available, which would be a bummer.

Looking at the description in the App Store for The NY Times iPhone app, it says the Apple Watch features include: “Catch up quickly by reading today’s headlines.” and “Receive alerts when big news breaks.”

To get those features you would need to install The NY Times app on your iPhone. I do recall NY Times having a Watch app at one time, I might be wrong. They must have changed this.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77