snap on hard case or otterbox

daneg

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So while at verizon I took notice verizon has hard snap on covers that protects the back and sides. Does anyone like these over otterbox?

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
My favorite case is Speck fitted case Fitted iPhone Case | Hard iPhone Case It's a two piece case so it's thinner than most and still offers great protection. Twice I have dropped my phone from a height of several feet and both times the case saved it (I do not recommend trying this though).

Of course a case is a personal preference but when you buy one do yourself a favor and go to amazon.com or store.tipb.com and save yourself some cash.

daneg

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
My favorite case is Speck fitted case It's a two piece case so it's thinner than most and still offers great protection. Twice I have dropped my phone from a height of several feet and both times the case saved it (I do not recommend trying this though).

Of course a case is a personal preference but when you buy one do yourself a favor and go to amazon.com or store.tipb.com and save yourself some cash.

my fiancee has the same case you posted, just different color, its nice. i would goto amazon for an otterbox, but yeah the speck cases are nice.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the two peice OtterBox Commuter case. I do not like belt clips and the Commuter offers a slightly higher level of protection, but is not as bulky as the OtterBox Defender series. Have not tried other cases but as someone above stated, cases tend towards personal preference and I would look at several (out of box if possible) to see if the form factor, size, etc. suits your needs.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Currently using an incase snap case. Nice and sleek and dropped many times without damaging my iPhone. Highly recommend it :)

mtbykr

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Someone should mention LifeProof. Though not yet available it seems impressive.

The LifeProof case looks great and I will get one as soon as they are shipping them. I would like to see a good review on it here though before purchase....but it looks amazing!

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the Otterbox wagon. I have 2 Commuters and 1 defender. When I'm home I leave it naked but when I leave I usually use a Commuter because of how thin it is compared to the defender.

lmac4cy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox and also just a case for the back of the phone. I teach and coach football so the otterbox will come in handy outside and on the football field. It does add some bulk but not that much.

maaatter

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I prefer just snap-on cases, just because it's usually in my pocket or set down, and the extra bulk from the OtterBox would just be too much.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Cases

I've tried a few cases:

• SGP Linear - sides provided no grip whatsoever
  • Otterbox Commuter - great case and so far my favorite
  • Speck Fitted - good case, lower profile than the Otterbox, and is my fall back case in the event that something should go wrong with the Otterbox

I've used the Speck fitted case for about two weeks now. I like the look of it and picked one up for my wife, too. Some people report that it's difficult to remove a Speck fitted case and that they need to use a card or something to pry it off. This may be the situation for some, but I've been able to remove the Speck case in about 2 seconds without tools.

Still, the Otterbox Commuter is my favorite case so far.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Iphones, but talked to 2 different shops that repair broken phones. They both told me the same thing. Since the Iphone 4 has glass on both sides, they suggested getting a case that has silicone to wrap phone, then a hard plastic on top of that. They said that majority of Iphones (in cases) they have worked on with broken glass, were in hard cases only...no silicone inside. Of course this may be only their opinion, not necessary facts. I doubt they ran in tests... Thoughts?

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Iphones, but talked to 2 different shops that repair broken phones. They both told me the same thing. Since the Iphone 4 has glass on both sides, they suggested getting a case that has silicone to wrap phone, then a hard plastic on top of that. They said that majority of Iphones (in cases) they have worked on with broken glass, were in hard cases only...no silicone inside. Of course this may be only their opinion, not necessary facts. I doubt they ran in tests... Thoughts?

It makes sense to me that a silicone/hard plastic combination is ideal (e.g. Otterbox Commuter). But with any case, your mileage may vary.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It makes sense to me that a silicone/hard plastic combination is ideal (e.g. Otterbox Commuter). But with any case, your mileage may vary.

I agree with the Commuter Otterbox. I had snap on cases with my old Blackberries and everytime I dropped them the cases would snap off and my phone would pop out and hit the pavement.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I didn't mention that particular one, but the repair guys actually recommended the Otterbox Commuter (or similar style from different manufacturer) or better...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB