Siri and dictation don't listen to me

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I'm running into some problems with Siri and the iOS dictation feature. It doesn't work and does not recognize what I'm saying when I'm saying it - means it acts like I'm not saying anything at all. The mic is fine, I can call and talk to people.

When I start Siri and talk the line that "waves" to my voice doesn't move one bit and Siri cancels the request because it gets no input. Same with dictation.

A restart and de- and re-activating Siri in settings doesn't help either.

Any suggestions what to do?

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Did it ever work for you? Have you tried having someone else try it? Have you used speaker phone?

Yes it did work a few days ago, I am sure!
What do you mean by speaker phone? I think it's about the mic as an input, isn't it?

No Klingon, just german. But a snip with a finger or something should also move the line in waves when dictating or launching Siri - but there is nothing.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Did a few full resets today. One time with reinstalling the iCloud backup and after that I set it up as a new device. Nothing changed anything about Siri not listening that I was talking...

Could it be the hardware?
Any ideas?

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
After 3 restores and 3 calls at apple care, apple is willing to send me a new iPhone - thanks to my protection plan. They don't seem to know what causes said problem either...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966