Simultaneous Voice & Data

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We are on the phone and I say hey what time does that game start again? You nor I remember.. but you HAVE to look at your email confirmation to find out.. trust me it happens! Of course you can say I'll call you right back but....why.. when you don't have to.. ;) It's not a matter of not giving someone your full attention but enhancing your attention.

Could you view the email though if you had already viewed it previously? I thought it would be just new emails that wouldn't come through. So if I had gotten the confirmation email Monday morning and read it and then I am talking to my friend on the phone Monday evening about the game, couldn't I check that same email while on the phone?

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Could you view the email though if you had already viewed it previously? I thought it would be just new emails that wouldn't come through. So if I had gotten the confirmation email Monday morning and read it and then I am talking to my friend on the phone Monday evening about the game, couldn't I check that same email while on the phone?

That is correct, if the email or whatever has already been pushed to the device you can view it while you are on the phone. The applications still work. You just can't download new emails while you were on the phone.

HarmsWayChad

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The inability to offer simultaneous voice and data is a big deal for those who like to do a lot of stuff while talking or playing. Which is why I feel verizon offered the hotspot as a way of saying hey sorry we cant offer that so here have this! To be honest it would be nice to have a hotspot on my ATT phone but I would prefer to have simultaneous data over that any day!

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Almost everywhere I go I have wifi available. The vast majority of time when I don't have have wifi is when I am in my car. Thats the last place you should be worried about simultaneous voice and data.

Those of you that commute via public transportation.... thats a totally understandable exception to the rule.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Think of it this way. Would you like to be talking to your friend about a problem and they are busy texting or playing on their phone? No you wouldn't like it at all.

This is only a big deal because Apple made it a big deal.

rsd36

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think it is an important feature but AT&T is spotty for where I live. As long as Verizon is right up front about what features it is offering, and which it is not, then there is no argument just a decision I need to make to buy now or wait.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site

How about locating an address on the web, using a critical business app (Teamviewer etc.) (LogMeIn Ignition helping my parents)? It happens more than people think, I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker for many but still a very nice option to have.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wanna ask a question here, I've always had simultaneous voice and data so sorry if this has already been said somewhere or seems like common knowledge. Would a text message count as data? The reason I ask is because all the people who say they can do without simultaneous voice & data do you serious not text someone while you're on the phone ever?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I wanna ask a question here, I've always had simultaneous voice and data so sorry if this has already been said somewhere or seems like common knowledge. Would a text message count as data? The reason I ask is because all the people who say they can do without simultaneous voice & data do you serious not text someone while you're on the phone ever?

I've never had a need to send a text while talking. Personally, I've never really seen much of a need for text messages at all - but that's probably a generational thing. Is it technically possible to send/get texts while talking?? I don't know.

S.meezy#CB

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

... You can send a text while on the phone... and i thought it counted as data... well, it is data... yea, not sure... But you can 100% for sure send and receive texts while on a phone call...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The text messaging uses the control channel on the cell phone - not the data channel - which is how they can bill text messages separately from data.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so people on Verizon can send texts while talking on the phone? if so then it must not be data but instead going through voice? I have always had GSM phones so I've always been able to do it. I'm not saying people would need to do it all day long but I find it weird that someone has never checked through texts while on the phone and maybe need to reply back to a text. Then again I also check email and surf while I'm on the phone so perhaps I'm not the ideal candidate here LOL

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I text while talking all the time for work.......i also use beejive for googlechat while on the phone. This is a must have!!

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Texts (not MMS, but texts) send over the Verizon voice network, so you can send and receive texts while talking.

As mentioned multiple times, you can do simultaneous voice and data while connected to wifi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl