SIM card came in brand new phone?

luciasf

May 25, 2018
Visit site
Hi - I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I ordered a brand new iPhoneX from the apple store. It arrived, and I set everything up. When I went to insert my SIM card, I opened the sim draw and found another AT&T sim in there. Is that normal? Does that mean this phone is second hand?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I would think so. Take it to your local Apple store and share your concerns with the store manager.

I am curious with how this turns out. Will you return here and share what happens with us?

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi - I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I ordered a brand new iPhoneX from the apple store. It arrived, and I set everything up. When I went to insert my SIM card, I opened the sim draw and found another AT&T sim in there. Is that normal? Does that mean this phone is second hand?

I’ve had AT&T for every iPhone since the original and they all come with a preinstalled SIM card.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
If you ordered an AT&T iphone, then it will come with the AT&T sim inside. The only phones that do not come with sim cards already inside are the sim-free unlocked models.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If AT&T is your wireless carrier and you ordered an AT&T model iPhone X from Apple then yes, it will come with an AT&T SIM card pre-installed.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just like many others have stated, your phone will come with a SIM card if you selected a specific carrier. If you ordered the unlocked version through Apple, you will not have a SIM card. Your device is not second hand.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad