Should I return my brand new iPhone 5S that arrived scratched and dinged?

vanilal

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I finally received my iPhone 5 after a month of waiting in the mail. Sadly I just took it out of the box and saw the back was scratched and had a tiny nick on it.

I'm thinking of returning it. In your opinion, is this scratch worthy of a return if it happened to your new iPhone? Would I be able to walk into the store and exchange it for a brand new one (in box) on the spot?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally received my iPhone 5 after a month of waiting in the mail. Sadly I just took it out of the box and saw the back was scratched and had a tiny nick on it.

I'm thinking of returning it. In your opinion, is this scratch worthy of a return if it happened to your new iPhone? Would I be able to walk into the store and exchange it for a brand new one (in box) on the spot?

Go to the nearest Apple Store with your receipt and have them give you another one...:)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Especially since they don't make them anymore. If I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I would return it before I put a lot of new data on the phone. You paid for a new phone, not a scratched and dinged phone.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
No doubt it should be returned. You ordered a new one and sounds like you received a used and probably refurbished one.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Is this a serious question?

YES! YES RETURN IT RIGHT NOW, WHY HAVEN'T YOU RETURNED IT YET? YES!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diriment