Should I get an Apple leather wallet w/MagSafe for my new iPhone 12?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
How secure is it to the phone?

Also
1cac75604ef2237e1747daade609aff0.jpg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have order a 12 pro max Pacific Blue 256gb, that will arrive on Friday, yeah!!
I will use it without any case whatsoever.

However, I am starting to like the Apple leather wallet with MagSafe... should I go crazy and get one? Maybe I will go to an Apple store once I receive the phone to play with the wallets.

What about you??

I hope you have insurance it’s an expensive phone to go without a case.

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I hope you have insurance it’s an expensive phone to go without a case.

I am not really a clumsy person and I never dropped a phone. I have also an American Express which cover a screen replacement in the event of... those phones are meant to be used caseless, such a shame to cover them up and create an unnecessary bulk. :)

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine arrived today. The quality is great and I like the feel of it on the phone as it gives extra grip. I wasn’t sure as I also saw the videos on YouTube of the wallet slipping off, however I am very impressed in the strength of the magnet connection. It feels secure on the phone. It also looks nice if you just wanted to use as a wallet on it own.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived today. The quality is great and I like the feel of it on the phone as it gives extra grip. I wasn’t sure as I also saw the videos on YouTube of the wallet slipping off, however I am very impressed in the strength of the magnet connection. It feels secure on the phone. It also looks nice if you just wanted to use as a wallet on it own.

Thanks for the info

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow now that’s secure but I would prefer a folio if I wanted a wallet myself. Nomad has an awesome folio for the 12 series.

I used the Folio for my 11 Pro. I enjoyed it only for the convenience of consolidating everything into one. But I hated using my phone with it and in the event I forgot my AirPods, talking on the phone was cumbersome.

The advantage to the folio is the ability to carry more cards and bills than this solution. But I’m hoping I can get at least two cards and a few bills in this. If so, I’ll be good for my general use.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The magnet is strong IMO. It seems to only fit three cards comfortably, which is perfect for me.

Thanks for the info. Since most things have to be mail ordered nowadays, reviews from friends are even more important than ever. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I was going to get one for my 12 Pro Max, but then I found the BookBook vol 2. The great thing about this wallet case is that the phone case connects to the wallet with a magnet so if I just wanted to use my phone without the folio, I can pull it out without any issue. That was my one annoyance with Nomad's folio - I had to use my phone with the folio attached and it was cumbersome. It also fits 4 cards comfortably, has a picket with a clear window on it so you don't have to take out your driver's license, and it has a cash holder. I don't have to worry about which card to bring with me with this wallet, whereas I'd have to think about which card I'd need with the Apple magsafe wallet.

The only downside with BookBook vol 2 is that it's a tad thick, so if you don't want a thick folio, this ain't it. It doesn't bother me since I would carry my phone and wallet together in my front pocket anyways so the size isn't much different from that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
By just looking at pictures/watching videos on the wallet that are out already, I believe it to be not very practical. I think you'll have to remove it from the phone's back in order to pull out cards. Also, there are videos of people showing how easily it falls off if putting the phone with the wallet attached into tight jeans pockets, and there is a chance you won't even notice. So for me, that's probably a no way for the Apple wallet. This might change once I can touch & try it, but honestly I don't think so.

Only falls out for "some" who put it in their back pocket, and don't take it out properly. I wouldn't mind having one myself. Wouldn't need to carry my wallet everywhere. I put my phone in my front pocket.

acroyle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I just got a black Apple MagSafe wallet and the magnet is a LOT stronger than what those reviewers led me to believe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77