• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Safari not Showing History

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to iOS. My iPhone safari is not showing browsing history at all. When I ever I see , it shows nothing.

I have to type all the URLs again and again. Do I have to turn something on for this ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In Settings > Safari, make it look exactly like in this screenshot.
240370a60fd4eaf9289178da5a8c861e.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to iOS. My iPhone safari is not showing browsing history at all. When I ever I see , it shows nothing.

I have to type all the URLs again and again. Do I have to turn something on for this ?

Is Safari in Private mode? If you’re unsure, select the last icon at the bottom right within the Safari app. To the left, you should see the word “Private”. If it is highlighted, it is in Private mode. Tap on it to deselect it.

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Is Safari in Private mode? If you’re unsure, select the last icon at the bottom right within the Safari app. To the left, you should see the word “Private”. If it is highlighted, it is in Private mode. Tap on it to deselect it.

Thanks. It resolved the issue. I just realised that’s a toggle button. I disabled it now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin