• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iOS 18.1 released

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you installed this, is it running well?
I have installed it 10 minutes ago. So far, so good.

I had 2 issues with iOS 18.0 series and I’m not in a situation to reproduce them. One is with the CarPlay HUD integration cutting the direction at 13 characters (will test next time I’m in my car) and the other is Now Playing crashing (this one is random and takes time).

Also, I will note that Apple Intelligence is obviously not available to me as a Canadian 😁

IMG_2497.jpeg

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
I have installed it 10 minutes ago. So far, so good.

I had 2 issues with iOS 18.0 series and I’m not in a situation to reproduce them. One is with the CarPlay HUD integration cutting the direction at 13 characters (will test next time I’m in my car) and the other is Now Playing crashing (this one is random and takes time).

Also, I will note that Apple Intelligence is obviously not available to me as a Canadian

View attachment 134238

Good to know, I’ll give it a couple of days before I take the plunge I think, just to let it settle down first!

Reactions: EdwinG

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I went through the new features. Here are those I have seen on my iPhone 15 Pro Max on 18.1:
  • Call Recording
  • Spatial photography/recording
  • AirPods Pro hearing features

A very minor update.

I will edit my post when I have tested the easily reproducible bug.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin