Safari has become very wonky...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I really liked the tabs idea initially, but until they polish the performance up a bit, I can't use them at all (they get hung up on reloads and stuff which is pretty annoying). The standard web browser tab tends to act peculiar when the tabs are in place too. I've removed them all and it seems to run a bit better, but I'm getting a lot of bad page loads or page freezes.

Really looking forward to some polish in the upcoming beta releases.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yea, I've noticed that happening more lately. The worst offender for me is Gizmodo, where half the time I get incomplete page loads, and have to refresh one or more times. I thought it was my download speeds, but a check showed the problem lies elsewhere.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I've noticed that happening more lately. The worst offender for me is Gizmodo, where half the time I get incomplete page loads, and have to refresh one or more times. I thought it was my download speeds, but a check showed the problem lies elsewhere.

It's definitely within the build...my wife is still running Yosemite and hers runs smooth as butter (just like it did for me before the beta upgrade). I've been trying to figure out what is causing the weird page refreshes within the tabs, but I can't really understand why they are, in fact, refreshing on their own causing these weird performance bugs within those tabs.

The general safari performance just feels like it's trying to finish other processes before loading a page fully...something I expected during a beta, and hope is cleared up in the next couple of updates.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Web pages are, at times, not loading properly unless I do one of two things...

- Shut Safari down and restart it again.
- Copy the address of the website that is not loading, and paste it into a new browser window (will not work in a new TAB, it has to be a whole new browser window).

...because of these things, I'm pretty sure the issue is relevant to a plug in that is not optimized for the new version of Safari in 10.11. I have so many plug ins though that I'm just kind of dealing with it right now...eventually I'm going to sit down and disable them one by one and see if I can figure out which one it is, but right now I'm way too lazy, lol!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy