Review: PhoneFlix

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, I have a NetFlix account. So when I heard about PhoneFlix, the tool to manage your Netflix account, I thought it would be great. Taken as a whole, this program is useful, but there seems to be a clear element lacking. But let's start at the beginning.

PhoneFlix requires you to submit your username and password information for your NetFlix account. Once you do so, you can then login to your account, and view your queue, remove or re-order your queue, or add new movies to the queue.

For the most part, these tasks are self-explanatory. To view your queue, you click on "My Netflix queue". From there, you can see your list, move some movies up or down, or remove them entirely. You can also see your recent activity, your recommendations, and your reviews that you have written.

Unfortunately, you can't rate movies that you have seen, so you can't update your recommendations that way.

You can also search for a movie, or view prepared lists (top 100, recent release, etc) that you may be interested in. This is where the biggest flaw of the program appears. If you already have a movie in your queue, there is no indication of this in the program. So unless you have every movie memorized, you can be looking through a list of movie, see one you like, and add it to the queue...only to be told it is already on your list. While it isn't a huge issue, it does mean that you are adding two or three steps that aren't needed.

The biggest positive point for this program is that if you are out somewhere, hear about a movie you want to add, you can just add it right there. But as a tool for continual management of your NetFlix Queue, this doesn't quite live up to expectations.

Pros: Quick and easy to add a movie...assuming you don't have it on your list.
Cons: No easy way to tell if a movie is already on your list.

All in all, this is a fine program, especially since it is free. If you use Netflix, get it, just because you can make sure you will never have to worry about forgetting that movie your friends were telling you about last night at the bar that you should watch. But because of it's flaws, it is not a full featured management tool. 3 out of 5 stars.

Chris

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the review. PhoneFlix works pretty well and is priced right. Also, iFlix looks like a much better program and solves the con. However, it's $3 and is hard to justify.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack