Retina iPad mini, or faster iPad mini?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For me on previous ios devices the only issue I have had with processor updates is how quickly apple has reduced OS feature support. The processor is key to longevity so my only concern would be if we got a better screen but the same processor we could behind the times. I would hope they opt for a processor upgrade, and other enhanced features rather and batter life over display tech. I really didn't miss "retina" on my ipad mini vs ipad 3,4 so it isn't as big a need for me.

I agree with you here. While a retina screen is high on my list for the next iPad Mini. Having a better processor that will support the latest iOS updates is tops for me. After having and using my Mini for almost a year now I have gotten used to the screen to the point where it doesn't really bother me any more.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if faster alone would warrant an upgrade for me- I am selling my iPad 3 and holding onto my mini- unless blown away I cant see myself buying the full size one again. Of course a gold mini...

fluppyboy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for performance any day. Maybe its just me but the ipad mini screen isn't bad I mean its not the best but if I had to choose it would definitely be performance. Nothing worse than a slow/laggy tablet because the processor has trouble pushing all the pixels

Ditto.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If Apple has to choose between a Retina iPad mini that has the same or slightly lower performance (like iPad 3 compared to iPad 2), or much faster, better performing non-Retina iPad mini (like iPad 2 compared to iPad 1 - more RAM, faster chip), which would you rather they choose?

I'll chose both.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
retina mini have A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor and iPad mini have Dual-core A5 chip 1 huge processor 2 display difference
speed wise performance wise both are working fine ... i think choose retina mini

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien