• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Restore and set up as new iPhone

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Question: if I restore and set up as new, do all of my settings come back, or do I have to redo everything?

"technically" to set up as new means as if it were just taken out of the box for the very first time. so yes, you would have to redo everything

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
"technically" to set up as new means as if it were just taken out of the box for the very first time. so yes, you would have to redo everything

That's kind of what I was afraid of. My battery had been crap lately and I was looking into trying something to fix it.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
When I had my iPhone 4, I started having the battery drain faster than what I was used to seeing, tried running the battery down till dead, recharging etc, but the battery problem remained. I then restored from a backup and the battery problem was gone.

What I usually do when there is a major iOS release (for example iOS 4 to iOS 5) I normally restore as new, then re-add all my content. I will be doing the same when I go from iOS 5 to iOS 6. This way I find that there is less chance of getting some bugs from the last software version, going into the latest software.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman