PSA: Don't randomly post your phone number or account information online!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing it a lot in the other thread...people want to share their order confirmation page to show they were able to get through...but people, make sure you black out your personal info! There are a lot of great people here, but there's definitely some folks looking to fish your info so they can screw you royally.

Identify theft and fraud are a HUGE problem these days folks, don't make it easier for them to do it!

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I seen some people on instagram posting their order confirmation with their phone numbers, real names, and address still showing in the pictures. I am like seriously, if you gonna post that ONLINE for EVERYONE To SEE!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I seen some people on instagram posting their order confirmation with their phone numbers, real names, and address still showing in the pictures. I am like seriously, if you gonna post that ONLINE for EVERYONE To SEE!

I think it's kind of funny we need these threads to remind some NOT to do this haha

Some people have no sense.

I’m sure it’s a combination of ignorance (unaware that the personal info is there) and excitement. But it’s dangerous to put that stuff out there on the internet.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen people doing this on several social media outlets. Now their info is just randomly floating around the net for anyone to get it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Call PEnnsylvania 6-5000 and ask for Glen Miller. Actually this is the longest running real location phone number for the hotel of the same name in NY.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Email addresses on screen shots too! All sensitive private info should be pixelated or marked out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2