PowerBeats 3 sound cutting in and out

cheli007

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing sound cutting in and out on their PowerBeats 3? Tried turning device and headphones on and off. Bluetooth still has become choppy. Hoping sweat/moisture hasn't caused damage to them.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sound cutting in and out

Hopefully, the members who use the same headset as you will reply soon.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed this issue with my Powerbeats 3 unit. My wife has been using them for the last week and a half and hasn't mentioned anything either. Have you tried disconnecting them and re-establishing the connection?

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Funny you mention this. My son says his cuts out. He has to turn off the headset and turn it back on. He is on a Samsung S6. His iPhone7 arrives today so we shall see if that helps any.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
You can also try to enter settings on your iPhone, click Bluetooth, hit the "i" next to your Powerbeats 3. Forget the Device. Allow it to re-pair with the iPhone and make sure nothing else is on that it is also paired with. I have been quite a distance from my iPhone and kept a connection so I'm guessing it is not distance.

I sweat daily in mine and haven't had an issue but there are threads on the Apple Store that folks do believe sweat / moisture caused problems.

If resyncing the device doesn't work, your best bet is to open a repair ticket with Beats: https://www.beatsbydre.com/support/service-warranty

You are still within your one year warranty.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77